PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Am I the only one who likes stock rom?

Hotshot, some are runing from Main and some from SD, depends on their functionality. Also, Back up canbe faster if some apps are installed to SD,and yeah some take a sec to load..just personal preference .
Some like SPB MS3, and other need to run from main...

What do these programs do:
PocketShield: screen locker,realy cool: http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/default.htm

RescoRadio: internet radio
http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/radio/default.asp
Magicall:filter calls, some wont make it to vm,
http://www.mobiion.com/

SK Tools: http://s-k-tools.com/
this is a must have, registry tweaks,back ups, color manipulation,..endless features,better than Memaid,pocket mechanic....which i have

Sprite Terminator+ http://www.spritesoftware.com/produc...ite-terminator
Must have, this mo fo wil give you GPS location of your TP when lost ,sends you log of calls made out of it...
Old 07-27-2009, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite

Thanks mayne *goes on a dlng spree*

So, is it possible to use Diamondbackgroundchanger with SPBMS3? I just installed it, it doesn't seem possible thus far...but I do like it, aside from that! Loads of functionality...but I don't know if I'm gonna keep it. I mean, I REALLY love my TF3D backgrounds lol

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Phone History Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro2
Old 07-27-2009, 06:27 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Well u cant use something meant for TF3D with MS3. There to separate interfaces.

Just switch to Lifestyle in MS3 and load in your backgrounds there if u really want them
Old 07-27-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!
Threadstarter

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite

But...I have a dream...! Someone make a hack for MS3. DO IT. NOW.

plz?
Old 07-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

I was a stock rom user for the first 3-4 months of life for my phone.

Took a ton of will power, I was a Mogul owner and I flashed often....

Anywho, I switched to Juicy 4.7 and was a believer of the custom roms. Optimizing the page pool, removing the extra carrier loaded crap, going to faster Sys's makes a world of difference. Oh yeah and the Rhodium TF3d is pretty sweet.

I tried all of the other interfaces and ended back at TF3D. I say it's hard to judge the custom roms till you try one that is well put together. Faster, snappier, more responsive.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
.. I say it's hard to judge the custom roms till you try one that is well put together. Faster, snappier, more responsive.
It's funny how threads get totally flipped around. I don't think the OP was commenting on judging custom ROMS. He was commenting on the validity of staying with stock ROMS...

And I think it was answered a long time ago. Being on stock is fine.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:17 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ran stock forever. Then made the leap to 6.5 and got rid of TF3d. It's funny, because the wife just got a new Sprint TP, and my goodness does that thing bite out of the box! So I tweaked it a bit this morning to get it usable, but I expect its not going to stay stock for much longer

That said, *if* you want to stay with TF3d/Wm6.1 you sure can get a very stable and well-performing device with careful tweaking of the stock rom. If you're on sprint you'll still want to unlock and get rid of that horrible radio version it ships with right away
Old 07-28-2009, 10:31 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I kinda like the stock rom... but the only reason i've stuck with it so far is because I dont have access to a pc right now other than when im at work... which basically means I can't flash or format my memory card to fat32 to be able to flash via the card. So im stuck anyway but I dont have a problem with it.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlienElite View Post
Am I theonly one who likes stock rom?
i used to say this till i got talked into a custom rom and now its freaking awesome. its really fast and i thought my stock rom i had tweaked to no end was fast. the custom rom was a lot faster.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

thefreeaccount2 is a n00b

The OP's question is stupid.

Every single modification present in the 3rd party ROMS can also be made to the stock ROM. By adding all these tweaks (hardware acceleration drivers, earpiece volume fix, keyboard lag fix, pagepool changer, etc) to your stock ROM, all you've achieved is to make backing up your phone a much less reliable and much more difficult process.

When I do a hard reset, I don't have to worry about whether Sashimi is applying each of 1001 tweaks in the right order, or a single failed cab install borking the whole process and leaving my phone unusable. That's why most of us abandon the stock ROM - convenience.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro