PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!
Carrier: Sprint

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite
Am I the only one who likes stock rom?

I'm kinda irritated with all these "what rom is best" threads. Let me explain.

I run stock rom. Now when I say that I don't mean that I pull it out of box, add contacts, and that's it. I apply plenty of registry tweaks, hacks, etc. But the main reason I stay with stock? So I know everything I want to use will work properly. The majority of users here tell everyone to flash a new rom immetidately. But there are a few who say they stay with stock because things don't work right on other roms. Even mighty rom changes enough to where it won't have some (important) things on it or certain programs won't work correctly.

Now I haven't tried any other roms yet...but if I do it's going to be mighty's because it's very close to stock correct?
But I really don't see myself switching unless someone convinces me that there is THAT much of a difference. I drastically increased my battery life by decreasing the battpoll. I've applied all performance & speed hacks. It's so much better than before, such to where I won't be complaining about it anymore. At this point I feel like people just take shots at the stock rom without giving it a chance.

So with that I'll end with: Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this...like I said I haven't tried a new rom yet, I'm fine with everything working right...but maybe someone just has to "show me the light"?

EDIT: I have also changed TF3D to where it's very purty

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Phone History Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro2

Last edited by TheAlienElite; 07-27-2009 at 02:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Am I the only one who likes stock rom?

if you like the stock rom use it. I personally have to modify everything I can, so I was immediately attracted. Nowadays the reason (I think) people are running aftermarket roms is because of wm 6.5 it i smuch more finger-friendly. they are also faster out of the box... my 2cents
Old 07-27-2009, 02:06 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Alien dude, look under my name as it reads stock ROM, I lirerally have a few dozens apps installed and all is running as I expect, phuking things run..nomsayin However TF3D only lasted 30 min in my TP when I got it last year. I took out that thing fast (disabled) and ben using SPB mobile shell since my days with the Mogul
There is no reason for me to flash unless i am bored and am willing to phuk something up.My TP is fast and am willing to wait for an oficial ROM release,if not phuk it.my only gripe is that the battery is weak, it last ok but more wll be good..

Last edited by HBOOT; 07-27-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

stock rom lover here.... everyone can say what they want but a stock rom is the only Truely Stable rom out.. everyone else will have app issues, mms/sms issues, web issues... not me, ive always been a fan of just buliding on my stock Rom... i have dozens of things loaded in and still have 100mbof free memory even, my phone runs at like 30% most of the time... i can run 10 things and have no problems...

all the chefs are taking a stock rom base and just cookin on top of it anyways.. so im just doing the same thing minus the cooking it all together... with custom roms youll always find something you dont want, or somethings you thought shouldve been included, so you just end up adding stuff anyways...

+1 for staying stock-but modified
Old 07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I just counted icons under program: 100 plus lot more APPS loaded in tHE SD
Old 07-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

I was on the stock ROM from the time I got my TP (a few months ago, now) up until a few weeks ago... as raidzero said, the only reason I went to a non-stock ROM was to get WM6.5. I recently encountered some issues w/ one of the 6.5 ROMs and had to go back to 6.1 temporarily... guess which ROM I chose? Stock!. I, personally, have no qualms with the Stock ROM for running WM6.1, it's got a lot of good features and the stock TF3D works well too.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:30 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yeah, right now most custom roms are 6.5 base. That's the main attraction. Which, imo, is all for show. i've had alot of issues with just about every 6.5 rom on the forum right now. And I think Rhodium works best if cooked into a rom also instead of installing afterwards.

Running Mighty/Silence 6.1 RoM right now. Runs great. I can't comment on it being better/worse than stock b/c i never used it. But I can say that it's probably a little lighter than stock (w/o all that Sprint crap) and already has great reg tweaks.

Another attraction w/flashing a custom is being able to run a good kitchen and make the ROM as lite as possible off bat.

SPB MS3 ftw...

And OP...Mighty/Silence rom is a little better than Mighty 6 imo. They need to do another one together asap....whenever we find where Silence has been hiding these past couple months!

Last edited by brushrop03; 07-27-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think the stock ROM suffers from the legacy of the stock ROMS on the Titan (and a bit less from the Vogue). The stock ROM on the TITAN was woefully inadequate and was also buggy. By the time they finally got it right, the device was practically discontinued. Also the Titan had minuscule internal memory so flashing was almost a must.

When the TP came out everyone just automatically assumed the the stock ROM stunk also. Now GRANTED, it is NOT at all perfect but it is WAY better than the stock ROMS of the previous Winmo devices. Thankfully memory is plentiful so if you follow the tweaks and fixes, stock is actually pretty decent.

No Custom ROMs definitely give you a level on user configurability (also 6.5) not possible with stock. But I don't think anyone will criticize those using a stock ROM. It is perfectly fine.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Am I the only one who likes stock rom?

Am now testing WM6.5 Widget capabilities. Without flashing to Mighty's 6.5 I would not have had that opportunity. I like the ability to trial new features before they are made available and can put up with the pretty high quality work being performed by most of the cooks out there.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:19 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

OP, no offense but its kind of rude to say that all ROMS have problems, when you havent tested any except for one ROM. I used Rstgs roms for a long time, before i started to cook my own, and those roms were basically stock, but had features updated and improved. You never know until you try. I havent tried every rom out there by any means, as i simply dont have time, or am not interested in what the rom has to offer.

Im using Demolition ROM now, till i can get mine running again, and i have had only one problem (cant remove one tab, not a big deal) all my programs work flawlessly and speed and battery are awesome..

All im saying is dont bash it unless youve tried whats out there. Each ROM works differently for each person.

Help Me Help You

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro