PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Am I the only one who likes stock rom?

No2Chem hasn't been making roms for awhile now...I think since the Mogul days...

You can install his fast charger via a cab but I use the OEMs and cook it in so it's in every rom I make now.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:01 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

For a starter ROM I would really go with Energy for 6.5. It takes getting use to, so I would say use it for a few days b4 passing judgement on it.

If you want to stick with 6.1 go with silence/mighty. very nice rom. i never had any problems with it.

DCD has a new ROM out now too, but I haven't tried it yet. But back in the Mogul days DCD was a legend lol. He had the best roms...i'm flashing to it as soon as i get off work.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

I went back to stock 6.1 after ever 6.5 rom made either of my screen resolutions stretch out way to far and make that feature unusable.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

My 2 cents

I use a little carrier, so my stock ROM leaves much to be desired. I decided to flash when I realized many ROMs include most of the tweaks preinstalled, saves some time and gives me some cool extra features.

Since I started cooking a ROM, it has just expanded. It is nice to be able to dictate exactly what pops up if you hard reset, and when tweaking its always a possibility that you tweak something the wrong way and have to hard reset, starting all over.

Another big reason I flash is WinMo 6.5 (aka Windows Phone 6.5 now apparently). Been using Titanium for a while now and don't know how I used TF3D. Flashed back to stock a few days ago on general principal, and boy does it suck comparatively

Though if my carrier ever releases a phone with 6.5 on it I might just snatch that bad boy up and dump it so I can tweak it and post a speedy sqeaky clean ROM.

Anyway, if stock works for you, more power to you! Less you have to worry about if you ever have a claim problem
Old 07-30-2009, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

aanast2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
For a starter ROM I would really go with Energy for 6.5. It takes getting use to, so I would say use it for a few days b4 passing judgement on it.

If you want to stick with 6.1 go with silence/mighty. very nice rom. i never had any problems with it.

DCD has a new ROM out now too, but I haven't tried it yet. But back in the Mogul days DCD was a legend lol. He had the best roms...i'm flashing to it as soon as i get off work.
Since this thread has become which rom is best discussion, allow me to ask which rom has the best battery life in terms of actual talk time? stock? mighty?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro