PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Q & A for Touch pro's on TEP (Service and Insurance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skagwaypilot View Post
Godzson... thanks for posting your offer of assistance.
Can you answer a question about an Apache replacement? I hope so. If not, please advise where I can get an answer.
I've had my Apache for several years and it has given me good service - only one replacement about a year ago for a USB connector. However, the USB connector seems to be getting tired again and I periodically have to tweak it to establish a connection. Otherwise, my PPC is in excellent shape.
I've been faithfully paying my $7.00 per month for insurance. I hope that it will apply to this replacement as well. I've heard that Apaches are no longer available and I may receive something else as a replacement. For business reasons, my replacement must be PC based and have WiFi.
Will my insurance apply? Do you have any idea what kind of replacement I might receive? I heard rumors that it might be a Touch so I posted my question here..
As long as your Mini-USB port on your PPC6700 is not physically damaged and does not have any liquid damage, you may receive anything from another 6700, to a Mogul 6800, or maybe a Touch Pro. But I know through the service centers right now we are only able to order the 6700s as they are still in stock at the warehouse in Texas. The only reason you would have to use Asurion is if the charging port is physically broken. You can either call customer care for the replacement, use the online Advanced Exchange website, or go into a service center for a replacement that would be covered by the ESRP portion of your $7/month TEP at no charge. Hope that this has helped.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment 1.5

skagwaypilot is a n00b

Major Nate... thanks for the helpful reply..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

veo_ is keeping up the good workveo_ is keeping up the good work

Hey guys, thanks for all the great info. I have a few questions though:

1) I'm constantly flashing custom ROMs on my TP but whenever I take my phone to the repair store I'm always certain to flash a stock Sprint ROM and relock the device. My question though is there any chance the repair tech will detect I've been flashing my device so much with custom OS's and calling me out for technically voiding my warranty and covering it up? Or is a stock-flashed/SPL-0.37.0000 TP all they can see, and theres no other way to tell what my device has been up to?

2) I often wonder what the techs think of people modifying the phones. I'd like to think they are all custom ROM users too and consider the customers who figure that stuff out as savvy power users so they might be 'nicer' to those customers. But I'm afraid that their opinion could be entirely opposite! Perhaps they'd get frustrated with stupid users flashing crazy third party crap on the devices, breaking them because they don't know what their doing, and causing them so much work...and then insult of insults, trying to sneak through the TEP system to have them fix their mistakes! I used to do computer tech support myself so I know what its like to feel affinity for a smarter then average user but also to get furious with idiot users making dumb mistakes. I suppose every tech would be different on this but I'm curious about the generalized attitude of official repair techs on this topic. is there an official sprint stance?

3) my TP's USB port split down the middle and stopped charging/synching correctly. I took it into the repair store today and had my phone back with a replaced port in 20 minutes. It was fast and easy. However, almost all the chrome has come off my TP.. not by dropping or anything other then pulling it in and out of my pocket for almost a full year. I have several friends with TPs and their chrome is all coming off too. One of them took their phone in specifically because of that flaking and they got a whole new device! Is this chrome thing a known issue? What could I have said at the repair store to get the chrome piece fixed in addition to the USB port?

Thanks again!

Last edited by veo_; 08-10-2009 at 10:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by veo_ View Post
Hey guys, thanks for all the great info. I have a few questions though:

1) I'm constantly flashing custom ROMs on my TP but whenever I take my phone to the repair store I'm always certain to flash a stock Sprint ROM and relock the device. My question though is there any chance the repair tech will detect I've been flashing my device so much with custom OS's and calling me out for technically voiding my warranty and covering it up? Or is a stock-flashed/SPL-0.37.0000 TP all they can see, and theres no other way to tell what my device has been up to?

2) I often wonder what the techs think of people modifying the phones. I'd like to think they are all custom ROM users too and consider the customers who figure that stuff out as savvy power users so they might be 'nicer' to those customers. But I'm afraid that their opinion could be entirely opposite! Perhaps they'd get frustrated with stupid users flashing crazy third party crap on the devices, breaking them because they don't know what their doing, and causing them so much work...and then insult of insults, trying to sneak through the TEP system to have them fix their mistakes! I used to do computer tech support myself so I know what its like to feel affinity for a smarter then average user but also to get furious with idiot users making dumb mistakes. I suppose every tech would be different on this but I'm curious about the generalized attitude of official repair techs on this topic. is there an official sprint stance?

3) my TP's USB port split down the middle and stopped charging/synching correctly. I took it into the repair store today and had my phone back with a replaced port in 20 minutes. It was fast and easy. However, almost all the chrome has come off my TP.. not by dropping or anything other then pulling it in and out of my pocket for almost a full year. I have several friends with TPs and their chrome is all coming off too. One of them took their phone in specifically because of that flaking and they got a whole new device! Is this chrome thing a known issue? What could I have said at the repair store to get the chrome piece fixed in addition to the USB port?

Thanks again!
1. As long as you flash back to stock Radio & ROM, they won't be able to tell anything.

2. I'm not sure as far as an official Sprint stance, but as far as I'm concerned(And I'm a Service & Repair Tech, modifying your phone makes it an extension of who you are. My Touch Pro reflects me as a person, and so does the software and options, and even the ROM on it. I just look at the modification as a way for people to personalize their phones.

3. You can actually go in or call in to that store and ask them if they have any front or rear housings that they could swap for yours that aren't flaking chrome, for customer satisfaction. They may have some phones that they are sending back with housings that are perfectly fine.

I hope I have helped.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
Funny thing, btw, today it stormed over here, really fierce. As I'm running across the parking lot from work to my car, my Touch Pro hops out of the case and slides under my car and across a puddle(what a great $579 skipping stone, btw!), touchscreen to the asphalt. battery flies one way, battery door one way, and the phone the other way. So now i'm sitting on my bed, with my phone in pieces looking like crazy for liquid damage. haha...
Ouch! How is your TP doing now? Just kind of felt bad for you as for it wasn't a 'real' liquid damage.. guess you will run itno some trouble when you have issue with your TP later on

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

billfog is a n00b

you have had 8 phones? maybe the problem isint the phones
Old 09-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnA-2xXtReM View Post
Ouch! How is your TP doing now? Just kind of felt bad for you as for it wasn't a 'real' liquid damage.. guess you will run itno some trouble when you have issue with your TP later on
My touch pro was actually doing okay, there was no liquid corrosion on the boards or even in the phone, so I was happy. But then my keyboard went out, and the screen started wiggin out bad, and my phone wouldn't even power on half the time, and if it would, it would randomly dial people, even if i had it locked. This was even after I flashed it back to the stock ROM. lol. Henceforth, I had one of my fellow techs check my phone, and then a few days later, I had my 7th or 8th replacement phone. lol...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hey man, i dropped my tp2 and the screen cracked.. i pay my 7 bucks for insurance so this would cost me 100 bucks to fix right?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I am no Tech, but yes this would be the $100 deductible.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-
Threadstarter

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I am no Tech, but yes this would be the $100 deductible.
Thank you for you reply and helping out in here Tech Carla

Donations (show love for my work)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro