PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: TP no longer backordered! In stock now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
lately I've come to realize that's the direction these companies are headed; Release something that's not up to par, but fix it later.
Sounds like the US automakers. Maybe the government will bail them out too...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Nope, he's just a guy willing to force his phone to work properly. Kudos to him, and he has some good advice. A "few" of us would not go to such extremes.

I would, if I was stuck with the phone.

Again, seriously, it is good advice to prevent the phone from overheating. I also wonder if there is something that could be done to "wick" away the heat from that radio portion? Perhaps an aluminum back cover, with fins? Like a giant heat-sink? That might look pretty cool as well...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't force my phone to work...

So salty...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Toucj Pro

PdaAddict is a n00b

Can anyone please help? I am on SERO and trying to do an exchange. For some reason customer care or order support claim they are unable to process a replacement for me because they are lacking certain privileges. can anyone tell me what number I should be calling? Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
whatever dude. I offered my partial solution, just showed what works for me, and you're bashing the idea without adding anything constructive. Your posts are not needed. If you're on your phone for 2 hours in public, don't worry about this making you look stupid, you already do.

This isn't a just a solution for phone calls either. Anytime you need the radio for an extended period of time, having the keyboard out should help dissipate the heat a little.
Thank you for the kind words. I don't recall praising you near as much although I probably should have considering your reply.

The fact that I didn't agree with your idea doesn't mean I didn't agree that it worked. As for not adding anything constructive, your correct. There is little that can be added. Battery teaks don't solve it, radio have yet to solve it...so there was little to add. I am sorry you are upset that I didn't care for your idea, I was only pointing out the obvious...most people won't be opening the keyboard while talking on the phone.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't force my phone to work...

So salty...
Well if you don't have to hold the keyboard open while talking, or install the audiopara hack, or any other mod like that, then yes, you are correct as well as lucky.. You don't need to force/convince/or otherwise manhandle your TP to make it work properly.

Consider yourself lucky... very lucky. You are giving people hope that they can get a Pro without overheating issues... I just hope it's not false hope... That would be really uncool.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdaAddict View Post
Can anyone please help? I am on SERO and trying to do an exchange. For some reason customer care or order support claim they are unable to process a replacement for me because they are lacking certain privileges. can anyone tell me what number I should be calling? Thanks in advance!!
You might have to go into the store. The techs might have to verify it before they can place your order. The phone support people should have been able to tell you, if that was the case--but we know there seems to be a lack of communications with stuff like this...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well if you don't have to hold the keyboard open while talking, or install the audiopara hack, or any other mod like that, then yes, you are correct as well as lucky.. You don't need to force/convince/or otherwise manhandle your TP to make it work properly.

Consider yourself lucky... very lucky. You are giving people hope that they can get a Pro without overheating issues... I just hope it's not false hope... That would be really uncool.
Mine works great! I love my phone. It has a few flaws but over all it's fantastic.

It does get warm, great for those cold winter nights.

The battery could be better but I don't worry about it much. I have a charger every where I go and it sure beats having to man handle a tangled phone cord or the crap range cordless phones provide.

It plays video pretty well when on the go, far better then my craptastic Motorola Razr ever could. Helps pass the time when I am not home and able to enjoy real movies on my large projector screen...

Ahh remember the days when we didn't have cell phones..or portable movie players? Or how about those super large brick cell phones that first came out...those were the days.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

As a matter of fact, I don't need to open the keyboard when I'm talking on the phone. Does the phone get warm? Sure it does, not to the point where it's burning me or I need to take the back cover off or open up the keyboard. It's a mini computer for christ sakes.

Haven't installed the audio hack, i can hear just fine.

And why would come on here and lie about these things? This is my first HTC phone, so i'm definitely not a fanboy of HTC. Why is it so hard to fathom that SOME of these phones are fine?

To the mods, I'm sorry for getting off topic in yet another thread. I don't want another thread closed because of it so I'll just use the ignore feature.

Proceed..
Old 12-22-2008, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Mine works great! I love my phone. It has a few flaws but over all it's fantastic.

It does get warm, great for those cold winter nights.

The battery could be better but I don't worry about it much. I have a charger every where I go and it sure beats having to man handle a tangled phone cord or the crap range cordless phones provide.

It plays video pretty well when on the go, far better then my craptastic Motorola Razr ever could. Helps pass the time when I am not home and able to enjoy real movies on my large projector screen...

Ahh remember the days when we didn't have cell phones..or portable movie players? Or how about those super large brick cell phones that first came out...those were the days.
hehe you make a good point--HTC could market on the "Built-In Heater" aspect!

Awesome! People in northern U.S. or Canada would love it
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Thank you for the kind words. I don't recall praising you near as much although I probably should have considering your reply.
Thank you for your sarcasm. Considering YOUR replies, I think my response was fair.

Maybe somebody can answer me this: Why on a phone like the RAZR or even my old piece of junk Instinct, would the radio NOT get hot? Is it cheap hardware or bad programming? Perhaps at this point it would be opinion as to which is the culprit, but if it's bad hardware then do you guys really think HTC would swap out such an important piece for another? I hoping its just really bad programming that can be updated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro