\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   [Was] TP no longer backordered! In stock now... [Now] Out of stock again :( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50122)

snovvman 12-22-2008 11:59 AM

[Was] TP no longer backordered! In stock now... [Now] Out of stock again :(

Just ordered another one online from Sprint.com. Get yours (or exchange) if you have been waiting!

I'm hoping that the new one will have newer hardware versions and minor tweaks (fit, keyboard slide, etc.).

Cheers.

chronster 12-22-2008 12:06 PM

Re: TP no longer backordered! In stock now...

Let us know about the build quality when it comes in.

rihavens 12-22-2008 12:07 PM

I got mine a month ago and its just fine. I am certian they have worked out most of the hardware bugs.

platin465 12-22-2008 12:18 PM

I was just about to post that they're available again, but you beat me to it. Please do let us know if there's anything different there. Thanks!

thesfactor 12-22-2008 12:28 PM

Can someone please let us know if the new TP's have the same charging heating issues that the old ones did? I'd like to know if it's worth exchanging mine or not...

ScrapMaker 12-22-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesfactor (Post 593109)
Can someone please let us know if the new TP's have the same charging heating issues that the old ones did? I'd like to know if it's worth exchanging mine or not...

Ditto, try making a 2-hour phone call, starting at 100% battery, and see what your battery ends up at, even while on the charger. For my hardware revisions, it would drop to 80% during the first hour, and to 20-50% during the second hour.

aceracer24 12-22-2008 12:45 PM

I have a hard time making a 30 min phone call...geesh. As for the heat, that's not going to go away. I'll eat my dirty socks if this issue ever completely goes away for the Diamond or the Touch Pro.

chronster 12-22-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapMaker (Post 593126)
Ditto, try making a 2-hour phone call, starting at 100% battery, and see what your battery ends up at, even while on the charger. For my hardware revisions, it would drop to 80% during the first hour, and to 20-50% during the second hour.

I know this sounds silly, but have you tried sliding the keyboard out on long phone calls? Part of the problem is batteries drain faster when they are warm, and the radio gets warm and heats the battery up. With the keyboard out, there's more surface area to be cooled. I did this when using my phone as a modem, and it significantly reduced the temperature. I had compared it to the first time I used the phone as a modem.

aceracer24 12-22-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 593148)
I know this sounds silly, but have you tried sliding the keyboard out on long phone calls? Part of the problem is batteries drain faster when they are warm, and the radio gets warm and heats the battery up. With the keyboard out, there's more surface area to be cooled. I did this when using my phone as a modem, and it significantly reduced the temperature. I had compared it to the first time I used the phone as a modem.

That would be very uncomfortable trying to talk on the phone with the keyboard out. Its fixing a problem by introducing a new one...kinda dumb if you ask me.

chronster 12-22-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 593153)
That would be very uncomfortable trying to talk on the phone with the keyboard out. Its fixing a problem by introducing a new one...kinda dumb if you ask me.

try it. Hold the phone up to your ear with the kb out. Not uncomfortable at all actually.