PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushisource View Post
Grah, this is frustrating. I've done the fix in order probably three times now and I can still use 7 satellites and get no fixes. Grr.

Install and run Quick GPS then fire up the HTC GPS Tool and leave it laying by a window for a bit. Sometimes the first lock is the hardest to get. You are seeing sats so the chip is functioning properly.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 12-29-2008, 03:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: venison

1900 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Yes, this has proven an excellent delivery method!

I got tons of ideas for next ROM but need time to re-organize. Conflipper hooked me up with the dream toold I always wanted but was afraid to ask for ;c)

PPC Kitchen will not work with this fix. It just wont. It is a driver issue. I havent had time to part out the drivers but it can certainly be done. Just dont have tme as that kitchen does nto suit my needs.

Stay tuned... eventually it will get done.... Not right away because it takes my focus off my own ROM.

I'm not a proponent of the PPCKit or eRice (or the wonderful work by 'scrosler') but the PPCKitchen 931 Herman build, set to Verizon has WORKed for me for every 'bored' release to date. (this assumes the cooked rom boots as all )

Personally I think the V1 fix was the best as it appears to support aGPS (my first locks would always be under 20 sec)

Great work - looking forward to V3!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900 View Post
I'm not a proponent of the PPCKit or eRice (or the wonderful work by 'scrosler') but the PPCKitchen 931 Herman build, set to Verizon has WORKed for me for every 'bored' release to date. (this assumes the cooked rom boots as all )

Personally I think the V1 fix was the best as it appears to support aGPS (my first locks would always be under 20 sec)

Great work - looking forward to V3!

Was you able to see a live data connection for AGPS on Phase I? Or was it just better lock times?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: venison

1900 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Was you able to see a live data connection for AGPS on Phase I? Or was it just better lock times?
Better lock times - sometimes under 15secs on the first try on a new day.

I only use the HTCGPS after a reflash or new release...

(I do think I used to see the connection go from Open to active, but have not tested enough to say anything. (happy to try things for you (or anyone))
Old 12-29-2008, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work

I didn't see all of this until Phase II was already released. What was the difference between I and II?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900 View Post
Better lock times - sometimes under 15secs on the first try on a new day.

I only use the HTCGPS after a reflash or new release...

(I do think I used to see the connection go from Open to active, but have not tested enough to say anything. (happy to try things for you (or anyone))
Thats so interesting. I woudl swear my life the opposite of what you say. I get better locks on Phase two... But then again atmosphereical condtions changed. We were very cloudy and penidng snow storm when P1 came out. Got decent locks. When P2 came out got great locks.

There are also other factors like the ROM and free ram and bat strength.

I always recomend locking on a fresh boot on a full battery. That will be the best results. I am positive of that.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

lllboredlll do you want me to add Q-GPS to next release. i played with it but I am still skeptical. No positive proof eithe rway because my locks are pretty consistant. I never had any luck with it on the Titan.

Next release may be aGPS though ;c) BUt if not I plan on making a couple small patches on my current 2.1 sometime this week. I dont know when. Need to spend time with Wifey too...... Havent seen her since I got the touch pro! Well not that bad but you can see the hours that I post.....
Old 12-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
NO DONT USE MY ROM ON A SPRINT TP!!!! Bad things could happen.... Actually, it would just erase epst settings. You just need to re-enter them.
Sorry, but I've been using your ROM on my Sprint Pro for weeks & love it No negative side affects that I'm aware of. Yes, it did erase the EPST settings, but reprogramming them wasn't that big of a deal.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Need to spend time with Wifey too...... Havent seen her since I got the touch pro! Well not that bad but you can see the hours that I post.....
When did the Touch Pro Gods say you could have a life. LOL.... Aren't you needing to stay focused.. Scrosler on the wonderful ROMS and Bored on the wonderful GPS.

You guys are the best. Please keep the wives happy. That way you can keep up the great work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
lllboredlll do you want me to add Q-GPS to next release. i played with it but I am still skeptical. No positive proof eithe rway because my locks are pretty consistant. I never had any luck with it on the Titan.

Next release may be aGPS though ;c) BUt if not I plan on making a couple small patches on my current 2.1 sometime this week. I dont know when. Need to spend time with Wifey too...... Havent seen her since I got the touch pro! Well not that bad but you can see the hours that I post.....

Na, I will give you a grocery list of what needs to be in your ROM when I'm done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro