PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

wotron is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
you didnt need this on the alltel device.... the reason you are having issues is you esn is allocated to the alltel network but you just set the initial programming to verizon... basically the network is now confused
Doh damn shoulda looked into this more, my bad .

Well is there any way to reset it? I asked a guy at Alltel and he said I got two NAMs and he doesn't know how to get rid of em. I got a signal and all but it rarely goes above 3 bars and the internet only works sometimes.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

i'll check you need an alltel pri

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

wotron is a n00b

Quote:
i'll check you need an alltel pri
alright thanks. I guess I need to be more careful/less hastey when I do stuff like this
Old 03-10-2009, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

lol yep....
Old 03-11-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Does anyone have the original Sprint PRI ? Pretty Please...

I could really use it, the 1.53.0909 delta.cab from the stockTP ROM and stockTP upgradeROM seems to have made my aGPS non-functional. Nothing in SprintNAV, Googlemaps, or Livesearch. Sometimes I get 1 satelite
If I disable aGPS and just use COM4 I'll start out with 5 or 6 satelites and quickly drop down to 1.

HALP. I would like to get PT job doing deliveries... I shouldn't have messed with this.

edit:
Nevermind.... I got it out of the stock DiamondROM. My gps is non functional so I'm relocking and taking it in for swap/repair.

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 03-11-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: verizon

Mootsybb is a n00b

Quote:
are you sure you installed the cab for the fix? it contains that file and is set to put it in the windows folder
Sorry about the late reply. I'm a complete Noob at all of this phone tweaking. I thought the ppst.exe file was in the \Windows subdirectory before installing the cab. However, after installing it I found the file, followed your instructions and everything worked as it should. Thanks for making this available. Now on to flashing the ROM...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker

Tronage is a n00b

First off I'd like to tip my hat to you bored for all your work, very impressive!

Second I'd like to ask perhaps a silly question. I'm currently in the market to get a new phone, and am stuck on vzw (since eveyone I know is on there too, so mobile to mobile trumps other providers)... Anywho I've been looking at the phones, and was initially "sold" on the HTC TP, but then the gps lock made me question that. Then I heard two things: 1) you created the user-unlock, as well VZW "promises" to be unlocking it themselves by the first half of 2009... bad hadn't heard anything past that, as a date, if this is actually going to happen, etc.

So my question is if I was to get the HTC TP, and apply your unlock on it, and then down the road VZW releases their own unlock, how hard/easy would it be to undo your changes? Would it be just apply ttheir patch over yours? would I just flash it with the leeked vzw rom, or would I need to roll back my phone (kinda like your instructions on page one, step 2 stated to rollback ppl who applied phase 1 of your patch)? If this is the case are there instructions how to rollback the phase 2 patch on a new phone to make it back to stock?

I'm sorry but I'm a total newb to flashing/patching phones, but I can follow directions, and yours seems well done, but I want to know that I have a safety net to put my phone back the way it was when I got it incase there is a problem, or they make their own unlock.
Thanks for all your hard work!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronage View Post
First off I'd like to tip my hat to you bored for all your work, very impressive!

Second I'd like to ask perhaps a silly question. I'm currently in the market to get a new phone, and am stuck on vzw (since eveyone I know is on there too, so mobile to mobile trumps other providers)... Anywho I've been looking at the phones, and was initially "sold" on the HTC TP, but then the gps lock made me question that. Then I heard two things: 1) you created the user-unlock, as well VZW "promises" to be unlocking it themselves by the first half of 2009... bad hadn't heard anything past that, as a date, if this is actually going to happen, etc.

So my question is if I was to get the HTC TP, and apply your unlock on it, and then down the road VZW releases their own unlock, how hard/easy would it be to undo your changes? Would it be just apply ttheir patch over yours? would I just flash it with the leeked vzw rom, or would I need to roll back my phone (kinda like your instructions on page one, step 2 stated to rollback ppl who applied phase 1 of your patch)? If this is the case are there instructions how to rollback the phase 2 patch on a new phone to make it back to stock?

I'm sorry but I'm a total newb to flashing/patching phones, but I can follow directions, and yours seems well done, but I want to know that I have a safety net to put my phone back the way it was when I got it incase there is a problem, or they make their own unlock.
Thanks for all your hard work!
it is very easy to apply bored's fix, and also easy to undo. It is simply a modified PRI so all you need to do is reinstall the stock PRI. It is likely that when Verizon releases their own fix you can just apply it over his, but since it hasn't been released we don't know for certain.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Lurker

Tronage is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
it is very easy to apply bored's fix, and also easy to undo. It is simply a modified PRI so all you need to do is reinstall the stock PRI. It is likely that when Verizon releases their own fix you can just apply it over his, but since it hasn't been released we don't know for certain.
Ok cool, this is sounding good. So to be clear, if needed I would just follow steps 2-5 of the first post
Quote:
2. install PPST1.46.cab
3. use gsfinder,total commander or File Explorer to navigate to \windows\ppst.exe
4. click on ppst.exe and go thru the prompts
5. reset your device as needed
and that would revert the phone back to stock (even if I had phase 2 of the fix installed)?

Thanks again for the help/advice.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yes and Yes
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro