View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 01:29 PM
helix139
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronage View Post
First off I'd like to tip my hat to you bored for all your work, very impressive!

Second I'd like to ask perhaps a silly question. I'm currently in the market to get a new phone, and am stuck on vzw (since eveyone I know is on there too, so mobile to mobile trumps other providers)... Anywho I've been looking at the phones, and was initially "sold" on the HTC TP, but then the gps lock made me question that. Then I heard two things: 1) you created the user-unlock, as well VZW "promises" to be unlocking it themselves by the first half of 2009... bad hadn't heard anything past that, as a date, if this is actually going to happen, etc.

So my question is if I was to get the HTC TP, and apply your unlock on it, and then down the road VZW releases their own unlock, how hard/easy would it be to undo your changes? Would it be just apply ttheir patch over yours? would I just flash it with the leeked vzw rom, or would I need to roll back my phone (kinda like your instructions on page one, step 2 stated to rollback ppl who applied phase 1 of your patch)? If this is the case are there instructions how to rollback the phase 2 patch on a new phone to make it back to stock?

I'm sorry but I'm a total newb to flashing/patching phones, but I can follow directions, and yours seems well done, but I want to know that I have a safety net to put my phone back the way it was when I got it incase there is a problem, or they make their own unlock.
Thanks for all your hard work!
it is very easy to apply bored's fix, and also easy to undo. It is simply a modified PRI so all you need to do is reinstall the stock PRI. It is likely that when Verizon releases their own fix you can just apply it over his, but since it hasn't been released we don't know for certain.
This post has been thanked 2 times.