PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
LOL yeah, my dad and his wife are switching to sprint in two months from AT&T. They LOVE my phone. I will have to train them too as they are illiterate when it comes to anything electronic.
Hahaha, we will have to trade stories. Reminds me of teaching him how to use a mouse long ago. I sat him in front of the computer and made him play Solitaire for 2 hours before I would go any further. Hahaha. He's a smart guy, but man, that mouse was a toughy. Now he thinks I am a genius because I send him HOW-TO docs with Printscreens in it. Love being his kid. Hahaha. Who needs to be on an honor roll if you know how to use Snag-It?

Anyway, that's what I will do with the phone, I think. May post up a HOW - TO for old fogey's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
Bonnie Cha says "the Touch Pro is thick and heavy, making for a pretty tight fit in a pants pocket"

In girls pants, any phone would be a tight fit especially in Bonnie's.
ROFL!!!! Well, what sort of girl wears a phone in her pants??? That just ain't right. Oh wait, I plop it in my cargo pants pockets....Nevermind, I do. Haha. But at work, that bad boy goes in the briefcase or purse. like all other phones I have owned. Who wants a bulky skirt? But yeah, it ain't big and bulky! Fits fine.

Anyway, getting silly.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: sprint

amongunz is a n00b
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

I looove my phone. Quick story.. There is this guy I know who bought "that other phone." I thought, "damn it... that other phone does look kinda slick." It made me want my touch pro even more! I spent months reading the same ol reviews, looking at the same ol pictures, and basically drooling at my pc in anticipation for what seems like an eternity. Then the day came, and I never looked back. The other phone is cool, but it is not on the level of the touch pro. From the clarity of the screen, to the overall funtionality of the phone, it is simply in a class of its own. My original touch compare to the other phone. I'm a happy man. My only complaint is the battery, but I keep a charger at my house, my car, my job... so I'm good baby!!!! Go UK. PEace.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JickBahTech is keeping up the good workJickBahTech is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to JickBahTech

It would be really helpful to filter reviews. I don't care what an AT&T user "thinks" about the phones on Sprint.
I gave up on CNet as a reviewer a while ago. They seem intent on reviewing things from the lowest common denominator "consumer" perspective. ANY device that requires a little thought to set up is instantly knocked for no good reason, other than it didn't wow them with sparkles out of the box.

I agree that some of the user reviews comes down to classic debates like Mac vs PC, but really at the end of the day, a lot of people buy expensive toys and it makes them feel good. There's a natural tendency to defend these things we've spent money on. I'm not trying to defend the dolts that gave half star reviews, because they are REALLY friggen obnoxious and detract/distract from the discussion, but I have been guilty of the same thing from time to time in my life.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JickBahTech View Post
It would be really helpful to filter reviews. I don't care what an AT&T user "thinks" about the phones on Sprint.
I gave up on CNet as a reviewer a while ago. They seem intent on reviewing things from the lowest common denominator "consumer" perspective. ANY device that requires a little thought to set up is instantly knocked for no good reason, other than it didn't wow them with sparkles out of the box.

I agree that some of the user reviews comes down to classic debates like Mac vs PC, but really at the end of the day, a lot of people buy expensive toys and it makes them feel good. There's a natural tendency to defend these things we've spent money on. I'm not trying to defend the dolts that gave half star reviews, because they are REALLY friggen obnoxious and detract/distract from the discussion, but I have been guilty of the same thing from time to time in my life.
That is actually an excellent point. THe more expensive the toy the more likely we are to feel "emotional" towards its purchase. Even though intellectually we know we made the best purchase, emotionally we want to it to be confirmed by others. When someone questions it, we feel bad and have to defend it... even though it needs no defense. And when it comes to the iphone... man do people get emotional.
Human nature - but it happens in different degrees. I guess I'm in the minority in that CNET doesn't bother me.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
That is actually an excellent point. THe more expensive the toy the more likely we are to feel "emotional" towards its purchase. Even though intellectually we know we made the best purchase, emotionally we want to it to be confirmed by others. When someone questions it, we feel bad and have to defend it... even though it needs no defense. And when it comes to the iphone... man do people get emotional.
Human nature - but it happens in different degrees. I guess I'm in the minority in that CNET doesn't bother me.
in the words of the late bernie mac "nuff said". i don't care for the other company or its phone because i know my wifes' instinct makes the iphone look like it still has a green and black screen. i don't need anyone else to make me feel good because there will always be haters. i just love pulling it out and people saying "what's that" while they hold thier phones and i say "it's a touch pro" and most of them put thiers away.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels

CNET and their parent CBS (Crappy Broadcasting System) always gives the biggest advertisers the good ratings.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

four and a half stars
Old 11-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
What the Users do to u?
nothing personally, but one good turn deserves another.....
Old 11-16-2008, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

There have been almost 100 added reviews to the CNET TouchPro page since the OP a couple days ago lol I feel a sense of unity among the owners and general consensus seems to be that the TP is a winner! That would be funny if they pulled one of their classic review revisions in response to the TP love.

off topic: hey gator352, is that username about the fl gators??
Old 11-16-2008, 11:52 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

oohhhh. What's the star rating? 4.5 wow. I don't think that's accurate. head on here and find out why.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/poll.php?d...lts&pollid=408

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro