PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: samsung
Carrier: vzn

Unflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM device!

CNET has refused to give the Sprint Touch Pro and many other HTC devices the credit they deserve. Some of its members have bad mouthed the TP without justification too. "This phone doesn't have 3g" & "Just another asian joke!!!!!!!!"" - quotes like these make me sick. If they don't even know what EVDO rev A is, then why are they reviewing a SPRINT phone in the first place?

I'm starting this thread, so we can continue spreading the good word about the Sprint Touch Pro without having to worry about being silenced for speaking our minds. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's obvious a thread and its posters that specifically support a certain device should be able to peacefully remain in that phone's forum. People that have the Touch Pro and feel that it's an improvement over their previous devices may find this thread refreshing and are welcome to stay and show support. If you don't have the Pro and you hate it, then why are you in the Touch Pro forum to begin with, especially this TP support thread?

Although my previous thread was successful in adding 50 positive reviews for the Sprint Touch Pro to CNET in just one day, it had to be moved to a less viewed forum due to a couple complaints by bitter non-TP users that felt the need to roam the Touch Pro forum and cause trouble (where it was originally posted). Apparently, I mentioned a *certain* phone too many times to get my point across about the negative reviews that the Touch Pro was getting, by both CNET and its users, and they were offended. Why we can't show support for our phones and express our dissatifcation with irrational reviewers in our own device's forum without being reported is beyond me...

I
won't name the Phone that I was referring to the last time around, but I clearly stated several times that I thought it was a solid phone and that my beef isn't with the phone itself or with friendly users of it - it was always about balancing the reviews that were skewed by obnoxious reviewers. I also requested a couple times in the main post that posters remain clean and tasteful in their responses and I ask the same here. We can show support for our phones without "bashing" others - that way the sensitive ones won't feel the need to report us.

I only ask two simple things from my fellow Touch Pro adopters:

1) Go here: http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/....html?tag=rnav and rate the Touch Pro to show support and prove CNET & the unruly members that they were/are wrong.

2) Post in here, but try to refrain from insulting anyone since we seem to have some sensitive people roaming around. Also, Try to keep your posts about why you think CNET doesn't give the TP credit and why you believe they should.

In my opinion, the Touch Pro's rating should match the leading phones of their respective operating systems. Those phones rule their world, these current gen phones rule ours. This is one of the best phones that's available in the WM based device category (especially sprint), so it should get more credit. I'm sure many of you agree because I've already seen the outcry of support we've given on CNET the first time around. Lets continue this support with class and show them a thing or two and keep this thread in the proper forum - where we touch pro users reside.

If you know any other major sites that you feel have been unfair towards the TP, feel free to post the link so those that choose to can show support there too. As adopters of phones that aren't as popular as some others on the market, we have a responsibility to pass the proper word on. The higher the demand there is for our devices, the better they will get and the greater the selection we'll have in the future. Who knows... if demand was higher for HTC devices, maybe we'd be sitting with a CDMA Touch HD right now.

If we've sucked all the support out that we can in that one day, then this post will just fall gracefully; but I hope there's still more of you out there. Thank you.

Last edited by Unflushablelog; 11-15-2008 at 10:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

hibby already made a thread like this

Old 11-15-2008, 10:19 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

no that was him not me its like a double post???? whyd u make another log?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Unflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
no that was him not me its like a double post???? whyd u make another log?
the haters that don't even own a touch pro reported me for mentioning their phone too many times, so they moved my thread to somewhere that was worthless...
Now i'm following the moderator's rules with a new post.. please read it.. we did great work with the last one before it was ruined by haters, if people don't agree it'll just disappear anyway. I just want to show the most support we can for our phones, i don't see anything wrong with that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:30 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Nice post. Thanks.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

and wow what a coincidence, the additional positive reviews on cnet continue now... go ppcgeeks members, go
Old 11-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Heh, I'll prolly go write a review just for something to do, but I don't care what they say. And I don't care if their review turns noobs away, the people who will get the most out of the phone wouldn't take the cnet review with much stock.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

I don't see where cnet lied about the phone at all, no claims of no 3G, etc. It seems like just the user reviewers.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I don't see where cnet lied about the phone at all, no claims of no 3G, etc. It seems like just the user reviewers.
that's what i was always talking about, but the haters from before weren't even listening. if they actually went there and saw what i was talking about, then maybe they wouldn't accused me of things i didn't do.
CNET reviewed it 3 & a half for whatever reason and with the last 50 reviews we obviously don't agree. Before the thread that caused our ratings to dominate the user reviews, there were people giving it a really poor rating for no reason... i just wanted to saturate the reviews with real touch pro users, so reviews wouldn't stay skewed and skew even more in the future.
thanks.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Noob

Also, I vote we report all the half star and 1 star reviews to cnet. If enough of us report the unfair reviews, they should do something about it. So, click the yellow ! icon on the bad reviews and report them!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro