PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

On c-net I would rather see reviews from people who extensively use the TouchPro (Sprint) than from people who do not know what sprint and their phones are about. There are people on there that actually reviewed it based on their experience with the unlocked gsm version. Then we have the people that mention Sprint does not have 3g speeds LOL
Its good to show people what Sprint handlers really think of their phones
Old 11-15-2008, 08:17 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: CNET ratings of the Touch Pro, unfair? Lets show support for our favorite WM devi

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
There is a difference between being supportive of the phone... and say a bit overboard... calling on people to go over to CNET and deliberately write 100% positive user reviews to somehow negate the other reviews and even CNET's own review..

OK... I guess I'm in the minority but this whole thread just strikes me as being very insecure. Does it really matter that much to you?

I'd much rather spend my time tweaking my phone than going over to CNET and trying to argue with the editor over a bad review (and if you read it... it's NOT that bad of a review. Yeah there are a few mistakes but it's fine.)

As for affecting sales... nonsense. The main reason I'm not currently a Touch Pro user is because every place sells out so fast.
I totally agree with U brother. U r not the minority. Only few members post here because a lot of members think it's a waste of time to post in here. The thread has a lot of pages due to the same people posting and complimenting each others back.
It is totally my point that I came here for the development. What support for TP are they talking about? The whole PPCGEEKS is a support itself for WM devices. Why is a thread like this created for support? It is really funny I would say. They say that they to want help people decide to get the phone or not. Here's my answer. If U go to a ppc site, They will tell U to buy PPC. If U go to crackberry, They will tell U to buy BB. If U go to modmyiphone, They will tell U to buy an Iphone. So what help to decide are they talking about? If U Don't like what CNET say, Ignore it and move on. U and U alone know what ur phone really is. If U are not too sensitive and too insecure, U will not make a thread like this. That is not only my 2 cents, That is a fact.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 11-15-2008 at 08:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looks like people are feeling my positive review on CNET, I am rated second so far.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i think the op has a good point in getting everyone who OWNS a pro to post a positive review. that being said, i think the best way to show support is by doing what most of us did : BUY A TOUCH PRO. i was going to write a review but i already know that it's going to turn into a iphone vs pro or sprint vs att&t conflict. all i can do is smile whenever i read a negative review from an obivious biased person because none of our touch pros crashed like the iphone 3g did when it was releashed. so let whomever say what they will, let's just enjoy our much better, faster and sexier phones!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:39 PM
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB33 View Post
Looks like people are feeling my positive review on CNET, I am rated second so far.
WOWaweewa, you fit alot of info in such a short review. Well done.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryGladys View Post
Yeah, I laughed about that, too. Hahahaha, when I got out of the T-Mobile contract, it was gonna either be Verizon or Sprint just for that. Both work well here....if only for a moment I thought about rollover minutes or that I have a lot of friends on ATT....but man, that EVDO is just awesome. And the unlimited plan with Sprint - tasty.

Heh, I convinced my Dad to get one (have to train him on it) and my brother! Bunch of rednecks using these fancy phones... Watch out!
LOL yeah, my dad and his wife are switching to sprint in two months from AT&T. They LOVE my phone. I will have to train them too as they are illiterate when it comes to anything electronic.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I totally agree with U brother. U r not the minority. Only few members post here because a lot of members think it's a waste of time to post in here. The thread has a lot of pages due to the same people posting and complimenting each others back.
It is totally my point that I came here for the development. What support for TP are they talking about? The whole PPCGEEKS is a support itself for WM devices. Why is a thread like this created for support? It is really funny I would say. They say that they to want help people decide to get the phone or not. Here's my answer. If U go to a ppc site, They will tell U to buy PPC. If U go to crackberry, They will tell U to buy BB. If U go to modmyiphone, They will tell U to buy an Iphone. So what help to decide are they talking about? If U Don't like what CNET say, Ignore it and move on. U and U alone know what ur phone really is. If U are not too sensitive and too insecure, U will not make a thread like this. That is not only my 2 cents, That is a fact.
LOL, I never bashed another phone. Just the users that use them!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:01 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
LOL, I never bashed another phone. Just the users that use them!
What the Users do to u?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:07 PM
VIP Member

Bonnie Cha says "the Touch Pro is thick and heavy, making for a pretty tight fit in a pants pocket"

In girls pants, any phone would be a tight fit especially in Bonnie's. It fits perfectly IMO. Her cons sort of seem weak. If she experienced sluggishness 'at times' then that's legit tho. Which makes me wonder, I wonder if they tested one of the faulty ones? If I read the review before seeing the rating I probably would have assumed she gave the TouchPro a four. She does provide alot of useful info but I think it is safe to say she hasnt spent much time with the phone to topple the learning curve.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

well, i went ahead and posted a review and kept the bashing to a minimal. i think i did the pro justice. the bad reviews that i read did come from iphone users but we all know what's gonna happen: when att&t gets this gsm version officially, those same people will say it's the best thing yet! so let them have thier fun, bring on wm7!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro