PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: activation issues - stolen phone maybe?

oh well, guess its resolved. opened a paypal case, asking only to have the device swapped out with another, paypal even has a section that asks IF you want a refund and for how much. I left it blank, and said I didn't want one, that all I wanted was to ship this one back, and have her ship another.

She went ahead and just refunded me.

Yet last night, she was willing to do whatever it took to fix the issue - so quick to issue a refund even though there was NO mention of me wanting one.. thats an admission of something hoaky.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

Why not call that NY number and ask some question...
Old 11-15-2008, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor

Actually Sprint had random activation problem since Monday. It had to do with their activation server and you need to reach the advance tech and asked them to open a network ticket. I run into this problem with a phone exchange at BestBuy and simple ESN swap. It is random and selective and Sprint was aware of it, but not necessary with their front line support, you need to reach advance tech and ask them to open ticket for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started

Sprint has been having activation problems all week. I received my TP on Monday, and auto-activation failed to work, so I had to program it manually via ##MSL#. While voice and text worked fine, data wasn't working. A visit to the Sprint Store and a few calls to Tech Support confirmed to me that there was indeed a nationwide outage in their data provisioning system.

I read that a few people on here were able to fix it with some help of the techs, and while the techs who I spoke to over the phone worked hard, they weren't of much actual assistance when it came to getting data to work.

In the end, I had to boot up my Mogul and copy over the ##DATA# settings manually. Internet had worked ever since.

As for your case, was it specified that the phone was brand new when you bought it? It is possible that it was a used phone, thus explaining the NYC number. Also, if it was indeed a stolen phone, the ESN would have been flagged and the Sprint rep would have definitely notified you.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
Why not call that NY number and ask some question...
Did, goes right to voicemail. Tried to hit * to see if it'd tell me the name, and it says that your voicemail must be setup from your handset or some crap.. (that usually happens when its a new line, or someone who hasn't setup voicemail yet).
Old 11-15-2008, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetsauce View Post
Sprint has been having activation problems all week. I received
As for your case, was it specified that the phone was brand new when you bought it? It is possible that it was a used phone, thus explaining the NYC number. Also, if it was indeed a stolen phone, the ESN would have been flagged and the Sprint rep would have definitely notified you.
Phone was new. No # was associated with it, until I powered it up, and it did its 'auto activaction'. I had already put the ESN on the line @ sprint.com so it should have programmed with my #....

Don't matter, because I'll never know now, since as I said, the seller hastily refunded me, as opposed to helping as she offered to do last night. All I did was email her asking for an update, and tried to call the # she provided (which was not even a valid phone #).. all that, threw up some flags, but I guess she didn't want to resolve it.

I ended up getting another one on eBay for 232.50 after the live.com 25% deal, and a 10% paypal discount, so I made off even better
Old 11-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Lurker

Leeno is a n00b

Omg i think i have the same problem with my touch diamond i got off ebay. I can't get rid of this username for vision after resetting or updating profile and i have an area code of 845 which is NY! WTF! I don't know what to do since return policy is only 3 days on the auction. ugh
Old 11-16-2008, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeno View Post
Omg i think i have the same problem with my touch diamond i got off ebay. I can't get rid of this username for vision after resetting or updating profile and i have an area code of 845 which is NY! WTF! I don't know what to do since return policy is only 3 days on the auction. ugh
Who'd you buy it from? I tried activating it on one of my other lines, before I ship it back to her tomorrow, and it still auto programs a new york number. I still think that since she was so willing to just refund me, as opposed to help me, like she offered to do, that something doesn't add up, but oh well, not my problem now, she can, and I'm sure will, pawn it off onto some other person once she gets it back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Lurker

Leeno is a n00b

ebay user ID: jessie-stuff88. Funny thing i just logged on ebay to find out that this seller is no longer registered! So glad i actually looked at this post lol. I filed a claim on paypal. hopefully i get my money back and use this gimp diamond or switch back to my centro. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sponge14 is a n00b

Actually sprint has been having issues with their provisioning system the past few days. That being said, if the ESN was stolen or had a bill attached to it, it never would have let the ESN swap go through to being with, just my $.02

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro