PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: activation issues - stolen phone maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeno View Post
I already checked the settings and it already set to "1", changing to 0 and back to 1 is probably not going to fix it.
Ah ok, I saw someone posted about this but forgot the detailed instructions..

Good luck.. I hope you get this worked out.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
oh well, guess its resolved. opened a paypal case, asking only to have the device swapped out with another, paypal even has a section that asks IF you want a refund and for how much. I left it blank, and said I didn't want one, that all I wanted was to ship this one back, and have her ship another.

She went ahead and just refunded me.

Yet last night, she was willing to do whatever it took to fix the issue - so quick to issue a refund even though there was NO mention of me wanting one.. thats an admission of something hoaky.
Once you open a paypal ticket it is almost impossible to resolve it to get the money back. If someone opened a paypal case on me, I would just drop the whole transaction and refund it right then and there. I take it you've never been on the seller end of a paypal case.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Once you open a paypal ticket it is almost impossible to resolve it to get the money back. If someone opened a paypal case on me, I would just drop the whole transaction and refund it right then and there. I take it you've never been on the seller end of a paypal case.
Nope, never on the seller end, as I don't sell much on eBay (I did many years ago), but I always delivered I what I was selling too.

I've been using ebay for a good 6+ years (as well as paypal), and have only filed 3 total claims with paypal. All ended in my favor (this one being the only one related to what I'm speculating to be straight up fraud).

The way paypal explained it, is that the sellers account is pretty much locked down, and they can't remove, or add anything to it, it's well deserved if they're ripping people off.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sponge14 is a n00b

To the OP... Did you do a hard reset of the phone yet? That seems to clear up alot of issues even on brand new phones, so it should definitely help you. A hard reset should set everything back to the way it was when Sprint sent the phone out. I understood that you had the phone activated, thats what I was trying to tell you to not worry about it being stolen because you got this far.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

sjrickli7 is becoming a great contributor

Not sure if this helps. But i purchased a phone from ebay as well. It was registered under a different name (which later i found out myself)
just click start->settings->system->device information-> under current username check if its your account. Cuz mine said michaelsomething@sprint which wasn't me. Bring the phone to a sprint corporate store and let them know about this, they will change it to your username and have them reactivate it (all should work afterwards). If you had already solved the issue then just ignore it i didn't really read further into it long day.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

sjrickli7 is becoming a great contributor

And i had the 67 error as well. everything was fixed after a username switch and reprograming the phone. It just sucks how the ebay seller with good ratings that sold me it put "clean esn etc." while it was registered under someone else beforehand. Bought a used phone i guess. Works though just gotta look the other way this TIME!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started

What it appears to be is that the eBay seller works for Sprint, placed an order for a Touch Pro under the name of this "Appeal of Conscience" organization, and sold the phone to you instead. Of course, I'm just speculating, but I've seen stuff like this mentioned on these forums before.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge14 View Post
To the OP... Did you do a hard reset of the phone yet? That seems to clear up alot of issues even on brand new phones, so it should definitely help you. A hard reset should set everything back to the way it was when Sprint sent the phone out. I understood that you had the phone activated, thats what I was trying to tell you to not worry about it being stolen because you got this far.
Hard reset it MANY times. Once the phone powered on and said whatever it says regarding activation "please hold while your device is activated, or whatever", every single time, it would program the phone with the WRONG phone #. It'd program MY vision username, but someone else's phone #.

We reprogramed the phone and put IN my #, and voice then worked, so at that point they had me update my data profile. The second I did that, the phone # got changed BACK to the wrong #.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kphillips is a n00b

I just had that same issue. I purshased my phone at a Sprint Corporate store. They activated the phone on my account with my number. About 30 minutes later it showed taht it was programmed to a San Antonio number. I live in Houston. After 3 days, I finally fould a phone in stock. I think you are going to have to have it replaced. They could not fix the phone. The issue was it was not staying programmed to my number but the vision worked perfectly. Take teh phone into a store. You do not have to tell them where you got the phone. just let them know what the issue is and they should relapce the phone with no questons asked.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphillips View Post
I just had that same issue. I purshased my phone at a Sprint Corporate store. They activated the phone on my account with my number. About 30 minutes later it showed taht it was programmed to a San Antonio number. I live in Houston. After 3 days, I finally fould a phone in stock. I think you are going to have to have it replaced. They could not fix the phone. The issue was it was not staying programmed to my number but the vision worked perfectly. Take teh phone into a store. You do not have to tell them where you got the phone. just let them know what the issue is and they should relapce the phone with no questons asked.
Can't take it, I already sent it back to the seller. They were willing to replace it, then all of a sudden got a hair up their hind end, and refunded me. I already got another one on the way, and cheaper than what I got it from this seller for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro