PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
activation issues - stolen phone maybe?

If this isn't the right sub-section, feel free to move it.

I purchased a Touch PRO on eBay on Thursday, got it yesterday. Seller has excellent feedback, etc.

Got the phone, did the esn swap online (before turning it on, since it has its neato [rarely working] automatic activation junk).

Turned it on, did its thing. Said it was activated. Tried to dial out, and it said my account can not be validated. Did ##786# to verify my phone number took. It shows a number in NYC.

Checked all the timers, etc, verified it was new, not refurbed, had no usage at all. Figured I'd manually program it, since sprint.com gave me the MSL when I entered my ESN (in case I needed it).

Did that, programed in my number, and blam, it worked. Tried to use vision. Kept getting an error 67, followed by 1012. Figured, maybe vision username didnt update. Did ##3282#, and it had the correct info.

Figured ok, so I did the update profile thing, that went through, said my phone was updated and would reset. It did. Went to call out, and got the account can't be validated again.

Did ##786# and the NYC # was back. Chatted with Sprint online. First, was told there was a nationwide outage with vision, and that was why my phone was pulling the wrong phone # (sounds like BS). Then about 4 hours later I chatted with them again (for 2 1/2 hours this time).

We re-programmed the phone, changed my vision username and password, updated the data profile, etc.

In the end its like this - I can re-program is with my MSL (for my phone #) but vision wont work, or I can get vision working, but in doing so, the phone pulls the NYC phone #.

The rep told me this was odd, even hinted that the ESN may be attached in some way to that NYC # (she said in theory its not even possible for an ESN to be attached to two accounts/lines/etc).

Supposidly was going to open a trouble ticket. Said her "lead" said they saw this happen once before (didn't say what caused it, or what the resolution was).

So.. I'm just wondering if any of this is possible, or if there's a chance this phone may be stolen, or tied to someone elses account. I certainly don't think (or want to believe) that the seller would be doing something such as this, especially with their excellent feedback.

Nonetheless, figured I'd see if anyone else had any suggestions, or ideas to get this fixed. Right now voice works, since we programmed my # in, but vision gives me error 67 and 1012. If I 'update' profile, it will re-program the NYC # in and vision WILL work, but voice will not.

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

i700plus is just getting started
Re: activation issues - stolen phone maybe?

Have you tried hard resetting it yet again?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

huynhc is keeping up the good workhuynhc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to huynhc

i think the htc touch pro has some issues with the initial activation sometimes. if you could activate your phone then it probably was not stolen or such. do a hard-reset and look on the boards for activation problems because i remember seeing a few posts about this and how they contacted sprint tech for hours trying to figure it out...sometimes to no avail. sorry i cannot be more specific because i dont remember exactly where in these forums ive seen it.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

scottad1972 is just getting started

i couldnt get mine to activate correctly until i used the hex mei number, it was weird
works great
Old 11-15-2008, 12:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro

poonam316 is just getting started

I was having the same problems with my vision. I called them and after putting in the **###* whatever it was they made me change something that was set at 0 to 1. I know this is not very specific but it may help. After changing to 1, update your profile.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

Ok, I'll reply all in one message.

Thus far, I've emailed the seller on eBay, she says she doesn't know what the problem is, but is supposidly going to research it.

We did hard reset it, a few times actually. Did it via the system menu with the 1234 thing, as well as ##786# and reset (after entering the MSL).

Vision profile is, and has been set to 1 (made sure I checked that first).

It's populating MY vision username, but I keep getting an error 67, followed by 1012 when I try to USE data. I try to use the 'update profile' and it does it, but it changes the phone # to the NY one.

So it's like it will KEEP my vision username, but the NEW YORK phone #.

All I know, is Sprint told me last night, that "somehow" the ESN is attached to the NY # that the phone keeps programming itself with when I use update profile.

right now, all I have is voice service (programmed with my #), if I try to use vision i get error 67/1012, if i update profile, vision works, but voice does not, because its trying to use the NY # with my account (get 'your account cant be validated' when i call out).

I'm waiting for the eBay seller to write back to me, she said she'd see what she can do from her end.. so I'm hoping something ends up happening.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just tried the 'update profile' again, hoping that maybe by now Sprint had fixed it. Still auto programs in the NY phone #.

I'm hard resetting it now (cleared my data profile first, and my phone #, etc), but I'm sure it's going to do the same crap.

Also, tried to activate the ESN on another of my lines, just to see if the webpage would kick back some error - it did, tells me it's already activated on another line (mine, obviously). But that was more of a test to see if it would let it do it or not. So I'm guessing it wasn't (or isn't) activated on the NYC # that it keeps trying to program itself with.

What a friggin mess.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

black_co is just getting started

my wife had the same problem with her rumor, took sprint almost 2 months and a new phone # to get it working.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_co View Post
my wife had the same problem with her rumor, took sprint almost 2 months and a new phone # to get it working.
same issue where it was assigning someone elses # to your phone? ive wasted enough time with them today. supposidly a trouble ticket was opened last night, but they cant confirm or deny it.

what pisses me off more, is that they cant tell me WHY my phones getting programmed with someone elses phone #, and if that phone # is even linked in any way TO my esn.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

black_co is just getting started

well almost same, no data for almost 2 months, with same error msgs. then after the # switch she could make calls, but could not recieve calls. the caller id on her out going calls were a different # than her new # or her old #, and still no data. they opened 5 tickets and the service center had it for 2 separate days. after the last day it was fixed and has remained fixed.

Last edited by black_co; 11-15-2008 at 03:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro