PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Free Sprint Battery- YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
the irony....
What is the irony here? Other users report getting these USED batteries for free just by asking. On top of that, other SPRINT STORES said they would happily hand out the batteries, if only they had them. For this store to try to sell a used battery for $60 is insane.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

oski is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to oski

yeah went and told dude about my bat life and he gave me a new one and let me keep the old one.......my next step is to go when he is not there and get a third....damn i greedy.......lol....

~O~
Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

germie is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargermie is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargermie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: Free Sprint Battery- YMMV

I get a battery every time I go into a my Sprint store
I tell em that I talk a lot on the phone and I don't always have a charger, but when the battery craps out after 30-45 mins of talk time, it makes this phone pretty useless, so they keep handing them over.

Now if I can only figure out a way to stack em and make a neverending battery pack.

HTC 6800 < HTC Touch Pro < HTC TP2 < EVO!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:50 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, that middle battery is mine, got my initials HTC
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Yay, more lying cheating and stealing. Lets all go to Sprint and tell them our batteries are broken when they aren't. Then people who really have battery issues won't get replacements.
Sounds like you're a complainer. No one said anything about lying. Who said they should lie. If you walk in and say your battery life sucks and chop it up with them they will give you one. Who said anything about lying? Tell them your battery last only half a day if you don't charge it, thats not a lie and the guy gave me one. You're talking as if they are opening up new batteries and giving them to us. They have stacks from all of there returns just laying around that they will eventually end up throwing away. I know because i was a tech at the sprint store, and we always threw batteries away.

Last edited by p-slim; 01-22-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul and touch pro
Carrier: sprint

goofy is a n00b

i just got my replacment last week it was kind of weird seeing TWO batteries inside package i guess they know there having issues..
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

I was in line at the Sprint store and the guy ahead of me just asked for an extra battery and they gave it to him so I did the same. They are giving them away like they are water. I did buy a Seidio 1500 too and I may get the 3000mAh from nakedcellphone but, can wait until they have a nice snap on case that will fit over the huge door or maybe a invisible shield made to fit it.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i posted this in a thread about 2 weeks ago.sprint told me that the 1st batch of batteries are defective and that htc sent out "better" ones.so go get 'em!
So, are the newer batteries any good? Or is this thread just a heinous plot to scam Sprint...
Old 01-30-2009, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor

I am still unable to find a battery at any store I have visited.

@ goofy's

Your box came with 2 batteries?
Old 01-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
I was in line at the Sprint store and the guy ahead of me just asked for an extra battery and they gave it to him so I did the same. They are giving them away like they are water. I did buy a Seidio 1500 too and I may get the 3000mAh from nakedcellphone but, can wait until they have a nice snap on case that will fit over the huge door or maybe a invisible shield made to fit it.
I'm trying to tell people, its no big deal to them. Anyone thinking they have to lie or complain you are deceiving yourself, they don't care and will give you one if they have any returns in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
I am still unable to find a battery at any store I have visited.

@ goofy's

Your box came with 2 batteries?
Make sure you are going to your local repair store. If you go to just any sprint store more then likely they won't have any.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro