PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of your Touch Pro will you keep it?
Love it 299 73.65%
Hate it 22 5.42%
I need more time 55 13.55%
What a stupid question never ask me anything again 30 7.39%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 07:59 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you like your Touch Pro?

Yep, that's what the woman's movement was all about. She's empowered to be exploited now!

That screaming you hear is just the "girls" over at NOW. You can safely ignore it until you have a daughter of your own.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker

sq louis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
my touch pro locks up on the password screen!!!!!!!!!!

Every once in a while it wold lock up and i would have to do the soft reset. It would start up again no problem. This time the battery was fixing to die so i plug it in and it goes to the screen that i have set as my info page, i tap it once and it will go to my password unlock page if it had been sitting long enough. well i couldnt even get past my info page. no response in any way, would even turn off. (that is plugged in) so then i try the soft reset 3,4 times, no change. take the battery out, wait, turn it on, no change. Then i try turning it back on while unplugged and i wouldnt let me tap the info scren to get to the password screen but it would lock up right after i put in the password. So the difference is between plugged in and not plugged but either way wont let ge tpast the password unlock screen. WWWHHHHYYYYY??????please help
Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

khonings is a n00b

Love the phone, graduated from the PPC-6700, had it for several months and the USB port went bad. Wouldn't charge or communicate. Now I'm on my second return phone (Sprint) and I cannot get Windows Mobile Device Center to recognize my device. I've tried uninstalling device center, reinstalling with the disk supplied with the new phone, everything I can think of, but I still get the message "There is a problem with your connection. Please disconnect and reconnect your device and try again." This phone is an extension of my desktop computer. My original phone logged into Device Center without a hitch, but I cannot sync my new phone at all with my contacts and other info now. I've searched everywhere and at the end of my line. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Nassau is a n00b

I've only had mine 2 1/2 weeks. Lets hope for the best!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassau View Post
I've only had mine 2 1/2 weeks. Lets hope for the best!
You *just* got your Touch Pro? The TP2 is coming out in a short-while... oh well.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

I couldn't answer the poll because I don't love or hate this thing. In some instances it is really cool. In others it is annoying. My thoughts below:

Battery life/charging issues: I can't get through a day of moderate use. Sure I should be able to charge through out the day (not optimal of course), but even if I am sitting at my desk I can't keep it charged and stream/play/whatever unless i stick the thing in the freezer.

Heat: Can't be good for it

Performance: Sometimes it is sluggish as hell. No programs open. but it just seems not not want to work.

it NEEDS to be tweaked for all sorts of issues.

Now the things I love pretty much are summed up into what this whole forum is about. I can do whatever I want to this thing. Flash it tweak it. mod it. YEAH. but the fact thta i have to to make the thing work is kinda annoying...

nb
Old 07-14-2009, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
I couldn't answer the poll because I don't love or hate this thing. In some instances it is really cool. In others it is annoying. My thoughts below:

Battery life/charging issues: I can't get through a day of moderate use. Sure I should be able to charge through out the day (not optimal of course), but even if I am sitting at my desk I can't keep it charged and stream/play/whatever unless i stick the thing in the freezer.

Heat: Can't be good for it

Performance: Sometimes it is sluggish as hell. No programs open. but it just seems not not want to work.

it NEEDS to be tweaked for all sorts of issues.

Now the things I love pretty much are summed up into what this whole forum is about. I can do whatever I want to this thing. Flash it tweak it. mod it. YEAH. but the fact thta i have to to make the thing work is kinda annoying...

nb
Yeah, I got tired of the hardware issues, took it back, and waited for the Pre. Extremely glad I did. I love that within less than a month, of dealing with a ground-up-new operating system, people have already created a simple, intuitive, GUI-based tethering application, that does USB, BT PAN, and also WIFI-hotspot internet sharing... all for $0.

Still waiting for WM7 though, I hope they can convince me to come back to the modder-world, but the Pre is so damn hackable and customizable, I may never return...
Old 07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

im still debating wether to stay with the Pro or go Pre, this is my second pro after selling th first one and going back to the Vogue <-- loved it but its dated already, i bought another one mint condition for 150

every rom i tried has a crucial bug or feature missing so im not 100% happy with any of them.... ill wait and see what happens (ps. voted, need more time)
Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
every rom i tried has a crucial bug or feature missing so im not 100% happy with any of them
This is why I don't bother with the whole flashing thing. Seems like more trouble than it's worth, imho.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
im still debating wether to stay with the Pro or go Pre, this is my second pro after selling th first one and going back to the Vogue <-- loved it but its dated already, i bought another one mint condition for 150

every rom i tried has a crucial bug or feature missing so im not 100% happy with any of them.... ill wait and see what happens (ps. voted, need more time)
Erm, I tried 6 different TPs, gave up, went back to my Vogue, hoping for something amazing to come out. I pondered getting the Xperia X1, and changing carriers, and all sorts of crap... Then come CES in January, my prayers were answered. The Pre--even with its many short-comings, just dominates the TP in almost every aspect, and it's a brand-new OS, with nearly all the functionality I was TRYING to get by loading custom ROMs on my WM phones...

things like GPS work properly in the background... the phone also grabs continues location-data from the towers, without activating the chip.... stuff like that, which WM was just terrible at. A-GPS data works instantly... battery life is superior... integrated push email and synergy... the list goes on, and continues to grow and refine itself.

Still, the Pre is a much newer device, and should be better. I gave up on HTC when I saw what WM6.5 was, and that WM7 wasn't coming out for at least another 2 years. No thanks. I think being a unix system engineer also helps push me in the direction of the Pre... my familiarity level is quite high with the unix underpinnings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro