View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 01:12 PM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you like your Touch Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
im still debating wether to stay with the Pro or go Pre, this is my second pro after selling th first one and going back to the Vogue <-- loved it but its dated already, i bought another one mint condition for 150

every rom i tried has a crucial bug or feature missing so im not 100% happy with any of them.... ill wait and see what happens (ps. voted, need more time)
Erm, I tried 6 different TPs, gave up, went back to my Vogue, hoping for something amazing to come out. I pondered getting the Xperia X1, and changing carriers, and all sorts of crap... Then come CES in January, my prayers were answered. The Pre--even with its many short-comings, just dominates the TP in almost every aspect, and it's a brand-new OS, with nearly all the functionality I was TRYING to get by loading custom ROMs on my WM phones...

things like GPS work properly in the background... the phone also grabs continues location-data from the towers, without activating the chip.... stuff like that, which WM was just terrible at. A-GPS data works instantly... battery life is superior... integrated push email and synergy... the list goes on, and continues to grow and refine itself.

Still, the Pre is a much newer device, and should be better. I gave up on HTC when I saw what WM6.5 was, and that WM7 wasn't coming out for at least another 2 years. No thanks. I think being a unix system engineer also helps push me in the direction of the Pre... my familiarity level is quite high with the unix underpinnings...