PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 04:02 AM
N00b

verizonTOUCH24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

viper: i pm'ed you
Old 11-27-2008, 04:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

redlegend is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to redlegend Send a message via MSN to redlegend

does anyone know of some benchmarking tests we can run on it to get some real data here? It seemed to me the sprint version was a bit quicker but I'd like to get some science behind that if we can.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:15 AM
N00b

verizonTOUCH24 is a n00b

i cannot fathom whyyyy my phone is this insanely laggy
Old 11-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3two View Post
neman, honestly...how is the responsiveness of this phone to you? I don't have anything running and mine runs like a 3 legged dog...seriously. Not to mention i get "voice command has closed due to low memory, close some programs" when I dont have anything running. Mine is VZW build date 10-19.
Thanks
mine is good. the only real time it has locked up was trying to do anything having to do with gps... go figure... my manufactures data is 13-nov-2008
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 11-27-2008, 08:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizom

Nat2fresh is a n00b

Have you guys been able to install a IM client that works? I tried beejive, sprints OZ, palringo and neither would allow me to log in. Period. I wish verizons just came with a damn im client like the other touch versions.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizom

Nat2fresh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
All you Sprint users will be flashing all your perfect Touch Pros to Cricket by the end of next year, Sprint can't continue to lose customers at the rate they have been.

lol. to cricket? is that possible?? lol
Old 11-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Verizon

viper3two is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
mine is good. the only real time it has locked up was trying to do anything having to do with gps... go figure... my manufactures data is 13-nov-2008
Hmmmmmm....I pulled the cover and the stamp said 191008 (10/19/08 ), I assume this is the build date. The device info has Rom date of 10/01/08. So now I am wondering if I should ask them for another phone or just returnn it all together. Man mine is super super slow and so laggy it is just impossible to use. Let me know and thanks for the reply.

VerizonTouch: Pull the cover off the phone, look below the battery for a small stamped date, I believe this is the manufacture date, and also post your ROM date (start/settings/system tab/device information). Thanks.....

Last edited by viper3two; 11-27-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

jbachandouris is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post
I was on my 3rd one... I had some nasty tech support people the last time I called in and sent a complaint so I think they were being extra nice to me this time around. Previous issues were broken buttons and keys on the keyboard... honestly nothing really seriously wrong this time around but I said it was incredibly slow, fails to wakeup sometimes, misses calls (rings on last ring), just overall not happy since I got the phone... I did throw a few extra details in there that might not have been 100% truthful but I knew it would send them over the edge to give me a replacement. I honestly didn't fight with them too much they offered a different phone based on the way I was complaining.

im really good at complaining... lol
I guess I am not good at complaining. I have been trying for at least 2 weeks to get a Touch Pro or a Storm. They gave me a 6800. I have been calling at least twice a day. My Storm will arrive no later than December 5th, but the dust under the screen issue has me wondering if the Touch Pro would be a better choice!
Old 11-27-2008, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbachandouris View Post
I guess I am not good at complaining. I have been trying for at least 2 weeks to get a Touch Pro or a Storm. They gave me a 6800. I have been calling at least twice a day. My Storm will arrive no later than December 5th, but the dust under the screen issue has me wondering if the Touch Pro would be a better choice!
The Omnia is another option.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat2fresh View Post
Have you guys been able to install a IM client that works? I tried beejive, sprints OZ, palringo and neither would allow me to log in. Period. I wish verizons just came with a damn im client like the other touch versions.
You probably have to use a 3rd party client like Agile.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro