PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 02:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Correct. They are no doubt able to transfer contacts from a standard phone to a PPC.
Sure they can. When I bought my first Titan, vz transferred all my contacts from my old enV phone to it with no problem.

From then on, I used vz wireless sync & that automatically backs up/restores contacts.

~John
Old 11-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP

viper3two is just getting started

thanks for the info on the contacts, I called them back and said that they will transfer them for 10 bux. YES I know that kinda sucks, but hell I have about 300 on my razr, so that would mean me typing away for 3 hours, or buying MPT, so the cheapest and easiest solution is to have them transferred. THEN I will sync them to Outlook and keep a copy lol. I didn't know that since this is my first PPC phone.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work

Did you buy that phone from the store? If so, the $10 thing is a great big load of poopie. They are supposed to do it for free for you as a service. Now if you bought the phone from the 800 number or over the internet then they'll stick to their guns.

Oh and make sure you are going to a corporate VZW store, NOT a reseller.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:49 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Actually, that $10 is one of vz's standard charges in any of their stores.

I was able to talk them out of it, but it took a managers approval & some kind of redoing of the paperwork etc etc

~John
Old 11-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

if you pay the 1.99 for the wireless backup(make sure to cancel it if you dont want to keep it) it will save the contacts, then you can go to the website, copy them into excel and import into outlook, sync and you have your contacts. thats what I did when I shifted from a razor to a q since the q wasn't compatible at the time with the service.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3two View Post
THEN I will sync them to Outlook and keep a copy lol. I didn't know that since this is my first PPC phone.
If you have the vz unlimited data package, you can set up a free online "MY Verizon" wireless sync account. That is the safest way to BU your contacts as you aren't depending on your laptop/home or work computer etc etc etc

I recently switched from an XV6800 to a sprint TouchPro on my verizon account. One of the first things I did after activating the phone was run the setup for wireless sync. That automatically instantly put all my contacts into the new phone & I was good to go.............

~John
Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
if you pay the 1.99 for the wireless backup(make sure to cancel it if you dont want to keep it) .
There is no charge for that service as long as you set it up yourself online.

They only charge for it if you do it with a phone call or have an employee in a store set it up......

~John
Old 11-26-2008, 10:05 AM
kjhee43

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

viper3two, I just had to devise a way to move my contacts from my LG dare to my TP. I used bluetooth and it worked perfectly. First you need to pair the two phones. Then on the PPC you need to set it to accept all incoming beams. Then on the Motorola, go into your contacts and press menu and select all. Then press menu again and hit send, then select via bluetooth. You Tp will start making sounds and a notification should ask you if you want to accepy. Just keep pressing "save all" and you are good.

I am running the Spring TP on VZW with TF3D enabled with 126.33 MB RAM FREE!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP

viper3two is just getting started

cornelieus2: I do have the backup assistant and was able to log into it and see my contacts from my razrv3m. However, couldn't figure out a way to get them exported out or copied, I even tried viewing the webpage source and copy/pasting. I gave up on that after trying a while. Not sure how to do this?

jmorton10: Thanks for that info! I do have the unlimited data plan but haven't looked at any of the options on line. I will check that out today!

kjhee: Hey I was on that route last night, I was able to sync both the phones via bluetooth, but wasn't sure what to do after that. I could see the folders ect on the Razr from the TP, but couldn't figure out that. Thanks for that info, I am LEARNING!!! LOL

Thanks for the help everyone

PS. I think Im in a love hate relationship with this phone LOL. Coming from a razr it is totally different and weird getting used to. Guess it will take some time. The BIG complaints that I have is that the OS seems to be a bit laggy but not too bad, and the camera is realllllllly laggy....

Last edited by viper3two; 11-26-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850 Touch Pro

bsepub is keeping up the good workbsepub is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
It may be possible if there is indeed 192 MB of RAM with 64 dedicated to OS.

If this extra 64 MB exists, then it's possible that TF3D is running on that, and it wouldn't affect the program memory read that you get from the device.

Also, I could be dead wrong.

But who knows?

One thing nobody's brought up yet is that when the Sprint Touch Pros first came out, the memory readings they were getting off of the device weren't accurate at all... so I still think that, even with devices in hands, we're still in a "wait and see" mode.

I'm probably gonna snatch one of these things up when they hit B&M, and rock it out for 30 days and just see for myself if the on board memory is enough. All these conflicting numbers really aren't helping at all.
The above quote got me thinking, so I went to the hardware tab under settings>system>devicemanager. The attached screenshot shows you that the hardware indeed does have 192 MB of RAM, with 78.71 dedicated to the OS. This then leaves 113.29 available for the program memory.

It just blows me away that on this stock rom, that on top of the 78 MB the OS is using, that, upon an initial boot, another 64 MB is being utilized out of the 113 that is left. AND... the OS is also taking up 182 MB in the storage memory, reducing its availablility to 329 MB... what is going on?

I hope we can get this unlocked soon and on to cooking...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC3265.JPG (673.0 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bsepub; 11-26-2008 at 11:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro