PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

The Battery life is the same as the diamond on mine . Has anyone upgraded or changed roms to see a difference ?
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 10-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian2pm View Post
how is the battery life? can someone confirm its better than diamond.i am so ready to email ecare for a replacement
So far, I think the battery life is much better than the Diamond.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok I have had several WinMo phones in the last 7 or 8 years.
The touch pro has topped them all. I had a diamond and I returned it today.
I got the touch pro.
This phone has the same specs as far as CPU etc, but this is much faster and snappier than the diamond. The keyboard switch out panel is instant.
Battery life is better than on the diamond.

+ things I noticed.
Much better radio. I get a full 4 or 5 bars in my house. I use to only get the little dot bar in the house.
WiFi is alot faster on connect. I connected to panera bread faster than I ever have.
I love the new action screen when keyboard is slid out !
A few new apps are on my phone. Nothing too useful so far though.
Browsing and EVDO speeds are much better.
Battery heat issue is gone. I'm in florida so I dont need a pocket warmer.
The touch pad/butons have a different feel than the diamond. Much firmer but easier to press.

- things I noticed.
Manilla crashes when scolling through pics on my storage card. could be my card or the pics themselves. they were from my mogul.
Weather is down but thats not a touchflo3d issue.

So far thats it, I may come back and edit this post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work

I got the TP this morning and so far today I have mixed feelings. They added more than I could ever ask for when it comes to the upgrade from my mogul, <S>and then took away more than I could have feared.</S>

We needed more memory, but 288mb was overshoot, for WM6.1 we only needed 144mb or somewhere in-between (all that extra RAM is burning power as we speak).

I admit, a higher resolution was needed. But, while qvga was too low, vga is too high! Applications such as googlemaps, which are now required to fill four times more pixels, wind up studdering when trying to scroll. But at least this I understand, there really is nothing between qvga and vga; so this I don't mind too much, just rewrite googlemaps to pixel double or something and everyone will be happy.

But also important is what the designers took away.

<S>While the mogul had too many LEDs, the TP has none! No indicators whatsoever to notify you of a missed call, voicemail, or e-mail. Or so it seems since there are white LEDs around the Dpad, but they are not given as an option (so this might be fixable). </S>

While the mogul had too many buttons, more than anyone could have thought useful, the TP has no buttons to spare whatsoever. And the buttons it does have are often the wrong ones (though I hear they will be customizable by the right app).

Edit: I was too hasty with writing this review; I was wrong about the LEDs (while 'flash light indicator' is not given as an option, it does it anyway! (just had to wait for some mail to find out) As such, the LED situation is now a plus, not a negative. I did not like the touch flow interface, it was too dark and had too much overhead for what it did. As such, I have replaced it with SPB Mobile Shell and now I could not be happier! I preferred SPB Imageer on the mogul anyway. The quick and easy interface has rendered the hardware buttons on my mogul un-needed. As such, with the tweaking made possible by the TP's ocean of memory I have reclaimed all that was taken from the mogul.

As such, I would now urge anyone that was disuaded by my review to reconsider. I sure have.

Last edited by LoneSnark; 10-26-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The middle button seems stiff. I liked the old contacts use, I never bought in to the PM Contacts and stuff. GREAT MACHINE non the less
Old 10-25-2008, 10:42 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I could have sworn that the Touch Pro and Diamond dpad ring is used for all the alerts... I could be wrong though.

I never really liked the lights... but the videos I saw of the Touch Diamond with the LEDs around the dpad really looked incredible.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 10-26-2008, 02:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Here is my honest review

Keyboard: I like the new number line but the smaller keys make it REALLY difficult for me to type. I will try different ways of pressing the keys but I keep hitting double. About usability, the mogul's worked better for me.

Display: Simply amazing. The high resolution of the screen makes opera mini's web pages visible even when zoomed out. So far everything is very finger friendly too.

Touch screen: The screen is highly responsive. I haven't pulled out my stylus yet so I can't comment on that. I like that I barely have to touch something for it to work.

TF3D: Meh. It's ok, I guess. I'll keep it for now for that cool show-off factor but I have an easier time going through the menu. I'll probably install WKtask like I had on my mogul and disable TF3D.

I find the directional pad very odd. Odd how you hit the outside of the circle for the directions. It took me a while to figure that out.

Ear Piece quality: This is by far the worst of any phone that I've heard. The quality sometime sound like a cheap bluetooth headset. It is sad that they tested this and thought that it was ok. It is bareable but should have been WAY better.

Apparence: The phone and ALL of it's accessories look great but are finger print magnets. LOL I like it though. I also love how they include a nice screen protector.

I really miss my comm button.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO & EPIC

asenduk is keeping up the good workasenduk is keeping up the good work

only 2 issues for me

1. screen size

2. no buttons

everything else is A+
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to gladesmellzgood Send a message via Yahoo to gladesmellzgood

I got my touch pro on friday been using it and found that its one of the best PPC's ive owned I have had an ATT Tilt, Mogul, and this phone. It sucks that it is missing hardware buttons but the UI more than makes up for it. I do have a couple of things that are irritating the dpad was frustrating at first (make sure not hit the raised part hit around it), battery kinda blows but i have been abusing it so with just normal texting and a little voice it should last a day, and it gets a little warm when doing certain things like internet and calling, also the keyboard is kinda cramped compared to the tilt but more fuctional if you get what i mean. But tt does everything it needs to do and does them wonderfully. Opera Mobile with flashlite 3.1 is wonderful. The voice quality is wonderful, sprint picture mail app is kinda sluggish but effective non the less, i have all my medical apps on here and some recreational ones and its still going it was stock and empty. Also for a stock ROM this phone works wonderfully and makes me wonder what can be possible with this phone. And all the people saying they were going back to their moguls i think they should give this phone more time. The mogul is a straight piece of **** i was going to get sprint service a while back because it was better where i was at and just stuck with my tilt with no service that worked. Moguls are so crappy i dont understand how they sell. Anyway thats my review and a little extra
Old 10-26-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to gladesmellzgood Send a message via Yahoo to gladesmellzgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by osva View Post
How about the reception?? is it worst? same as mogul?
My homegirls mogul and my touchpro i get more bars and also get service where she doesn't but its usually only about 1 bar difference between the two phones. We tested voice quality because she wasn't sure she wanted to buy one she is not eliglible for any discount. But even that was better in the end she is buying it from sprint once telesales kick in

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro