PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

well, my review:

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...e-made-of.aspx

im proud to say i typed it all up on the touch pro. =)
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian2pm View Post
is it a lot heavier than the diamond?
I think the weight is comparable to the Mogul. So, a little heavier than the Diamond, but not too much bigger.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:07 AM
N00b

gordec is just getting started

Heating issue: Was on the phone for 1 hr today. It got warm for sure, but subjective not to the point of hot like the Diamond is capable of. But that being said, sometimes the Diamond doesn't get that hot either over long calls. I really can't say for sure if there is a difference. I guess if someone take the phone apart and see if there is a heating plate there is the best way to find out.

Responsiveness: The Pro is definitely more responsive than the Diamond I used with Sprint stock rom. They must tweaked it.

Keyboard: The keyboard is just awesome. The 5 row qwerty is just so convenient. For some reason I can't find the option to force keyboard backlight to stay on.

Size and Weight: I returned my Diamond so I can't post comparison, but Pro is definitely thicker and slightly longer. The width is almost the same. I put it next to this Bestbuy rep's Treo Centro and they are almost the same size in all dimensions.

Memory: it comes with 1 GB card for those who care. I need to get a 8 gig card or something.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just a prelim since I had it about an hour... Its smaller across then the Mogul, not much but its there. Also it appears to be slightly heavier then the Mogul. The screen is really nice, just watched a couple of You Tube videos. Still getting acquainted with it but glad I upgraded.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
Just a prelim since I had it about an hour... Its smaller across then the Mogul, not much but its there. Also it appears to be slightly heavier then the Mogul. The screen is really nice, just watched a couple of You Tube videos. Still getting acquainted with it but glad I upgraded.
Switch youtube to high quality mode and you will be left teary eyed. I watched the bioshock 2 trailer on the phone phone and was very much surprised
Old 10-25-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

Man, this phone is much better than the Titan. I will post a decent review later, once I play around with the phone for a few hours.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

As far as the Youtube app, if someone sends you a link in a email to a youtube video, when you click it does the youtube app open to play it like the iphone or does it just go thru the web browser?
Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevil07 View Post
It is a bit smaller than the mogul but it feels much smaller than it actually is.

The keyboard slides the opposite way (compared to mogul),which will take some getting used to.
I wish it was as big or a little bigger, and the keyboard should have opened the same way. This is looking worse all the time
Old 10-25-2008, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riphamilton View Post
i actually think that for right handers (the majority of us), having the keyboard slide out like the apache did is more efficient/ergonomic. you can just use your thumb+pointer finger and pop out the keyboard.
Not if you have the phone in your palm. The Mogul is easier
Old 10-25-2008, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

sundevil07 is just getting started

IMO the battery sucks. I charged it overnight and it has been off the charger for 7 hrs. I have used telenav for 20 min, about 20 mins talk time, 15 mins youtube and about 40 texts and its at 30%.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro