PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

I have owned the TP now for about 2 months, and my appreciation for the phone just grows almost every day.

It has a learning curve and you have to put some work and patience into it. If you want an iPhone-like thing that keeps you in a little sandbox and makes everything slick and pretty (but very very shallow) this is not the phone for you.

Work to make it more like you want it to be.

Patience to learn the phone inside and out--it's a complex beastie at first.

But now it's become indispensable to me. I love its versatility, power and sheer coolness. I think I definitely made the right choice for my first smartphone.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

infamous styles is a n00b

This is my first smartphone and i think the device is awesome. Ive only had it since sunday and i seem to learn something new on the phone by either doing it myself or reading this very useful website. I love how the phone reads incoming txts and i love how your able to change the look of the phone (some of the today screens ive seen are very nice). Well worth signing another 2 year agreement with sprint. I cant really see myself going back to a regular phone. This phone has spoiled me....
Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

FYI, I've archived a bunch of off topic posts, etc., leaving only the reviews, etc. This archiving process does not change your post count or thanks...it merely cleans out some of the debris from this thread.

late,
Coz
Old 01-14-2009, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

DotKom is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to DotKom Send a message via Yahoo to DotKom

TOUCH PRO > iPhone

Old 01-14-2009, 03:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKom View Post
TOUCH PRO > iPhone
I agree. As "cool" as the iphone may be, the touch pro beats it hands down in every way I use a phone.

Being my first ppc, the touch pro definitely did not disappoint!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis View Post
I agree. As "cool" as the iphone may be, the touch pro beats it hands down in every way I use a phone.

Being my first ppc, the touch pro definitely did not disappoint!
Well, as much as I'm biased towards PPC's, I'll try to be fair to Apple here:

The TP does beat the iPhone BY FAR in terms of functionality.
Aesthetically, the TP and iPhone can't be compared fairly, because the iPhone has no hard keyboard.
In the category of ease-of-use, the iPhone wins.
Interface? That's subjective.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tpetek is a n00b

The phone looks great, works great - but for the life of me I can't figure out how to activate or use voice dialing and while the screen is marvelous and the features wonderful, anyone else dying over battery life?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

yes, the battery life is atrocious
Old 01-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

KYBuckwheat is a n00b

Day 2 w/the TP. Came from a VX6700. Pretty pleased with the upgrade. Still in the learning to work with new phone phase.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started

Here is my review.
My Loves and Likes
- Out the box I was impressed with the UI. It was nice and shiny. The screen is vibrant.
- Phone is lighter in weight than I thought it would be.
- The phone has programs that I have wanted since I bought my PPC6700 and Mogul such as MP3 Trimmer, Voice Recorder, the ability to print from the phone (I haven't used this yet) weather application etc..
- I like the pouch that comes with the phone it has velcro.
- Finally pic mail

My dislikes

- The ear piece sucked on my first call. I could barely hear my caller. However with bluetooth callers the sound was quite loud.
- TouchFlo 3D is not that sensitive. However, after accidentally removing the screen protector that came with the phone. I noticed that the sound on the earpiece was a little louder but not much and the touchflo became a little more responsive but not all the time.
- I get error messages re: pocket express which I have never used.
- When I added an 8GB Micro SD card that has pictures on it. Everytime that I try to scroll through the pics it will stop and start launching TouchFlo 3D and it returns to the home screen.
- While on some calls the phone gets very hot.
- Correct me if I am wrong I haven't been able to conference call on this phone.
- It is cool it has a MP3 Trimmer but any song you buy from Sprint's Music store is in WMA format and there is no conversion tool on the phone. Also if you download the song to one computer you will not be able to download that same song to any other computer.
- The keyboard light doesn't stay lit that long so you better type fast. At least on my mogul I could set it to come on there is no setting for the keyboard lighting.
- The camera takes alright pics, but I wasn't expecting much for a camera phone.
- You have to remove the battery cover to access the slot for the micro SD card that is good and bad. Good that means it can't accidentally fall out of your phone. Bad if you want to quickly switch it out.
- Sometimes I cannot end a call that I have made most times I have had to soft reset the phone to end the call.
- Of course the ringers are not loud enough for my liking. They have more ringers than on my Mogul and PPC6700 but none of them worth using.
- The vibration is not very hard I don't feel it vibrating while in my bag.
- Still no full screen caller ID
- Pic mail doesn't work all the time.
- Calendar doesn't keep my settings. I like the month view but it always goes to the appointment view.

Last edited by Nikkirox_1; 01-22-2009 at 03:14 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro