Nikkirox_1
PPCGeeks Regular

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

Here is my review.
My Loves and Likes
- Out the box I was impressed with the UI. It was nice and shiny. The screen is vibrant.
- Phone is lighter in weight than I thought it would be.
- The phone has programs that I have wanted since I bought my PPC6700 and Mogul such as MP3 Trimmer, Voice Recorder, the ability to print from the phone (I haven't used this yet) weather application etc..
- I like the pouch that comes with the phone it has velcro.
- Finally pic mail

My dislikes

- The ear piece sucked on my first call. I could barely hear my caller. However with bluetooth callers the sound was quite loud.
- TouchFlo 3D is not that sensitive. However, after accidentally removing the screen protector that came with the phone. I noticed that the sound on the earpiece was a little louder but not much and the touchflo became a little more responsive but not all the time.
- I get error messages re: pocket express which I have never used.
- When I added an 8GB Micro SD card that has pictures on it. Everytime that I try to scroll through the pics it will stop and start launching TouchFlo 3D and it returns to the home screen.
- While on some calls the phone gets very hot.
- Correct me if I am wrong I haven't been able to conference call on this phone.
- It is cool it has a MP3 Trimmer but any song you buy from Sprint's Music store is in WMA format and there is no conversion tool on the phone. Also if you download the song to one computer you will not be able to download that same song to any other computer.
- The keyboard light doesn't stay lit that long so you better type fast. At least on my mogul I could set it to come on there is no setting for the keyboard lighting.
- The camera takes alright pics, but I wasn't expecting much for a camera phone.
- You have to remove the battery cover to access the slot for the micro SD card that is good and bad. Good that means it can't accidentally fall out of your phone. Bad if you want to quickly switch it out.
- Sometimes I cannot end a call that I have made most times I have had to soft reset the phone to end the call.
- Of course the ringers are not loud enough for my liking. They have more ringers than on my Mogul and PPC6700 but none of them worth using.
- The vibration is not very hard I don't feel it vibrating while in my bag.
- Still no full screen caller ID
- Pic mail doesn't work all the time.
- Calendar doesn't keep my settings. I like the month view but it always goes to the appointment view.

Last edited by Nikkirox_1; 01-22-2009 at 03:14 AM.