PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

using quick gps and tomtom 7 i got a cold start lock in 14 seconds...launched live seach chose location by gps found me in 4 seconds...like always with being inside it had me one house over...went outside and tomtom 7 was spot on hoe this helps

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

Hey guys. Just got mine today and I have to say that this phone has the best LED flash functionality Ive ever seen. Not only does it allow you to use Flash for your shot but it also powers on the LED in a low power state to aid the viewfinder. Awsome! The only way they could have made it better is if they installed a Xenon bulb instead like some POS Sony Ericson phones have.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedLion View Post
Ok so someone please take a picture of the battery door and post it.
Thanks
I tried but it's hard to see the color it almost comes out white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0003.jpg (596.3 KB, 94 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started
My observations of the Sprint Touch Pro and a Q..

Few things I've noticed about my Pro (Some of which have been addressed)-

-It runs just as hot as my Sprint Diamond.
-It now appears that I have better reception with the Pro - I get a constant 5 bars in an area where I only got 2 or 3 from the Diamond.
-The keyboard buttons depress a little firm, not a complaint though, just an observation.
-The keyboard slider mechanism has no slack and pops open solid.
-Overall performance with keyboard open is slower than with keyboard closed. Temporary complaint though, I'm sure the ROM devs will come up with something.
-Battery cover squeaks.
-With the audio fix on this site, I have absolutely no problems with sound whatsoever.
-It is 1/2 inch thicker than the Sprint Diamond.

Now a couple of questions -

-Is there a shortcut keystroke to click X or OK on the physical keyboard? It gets a bit annoying reaching to the top to either click the back button or touching the screen.
-Will there be a Sprint Touch Pro screen protector coming out in the near future? I'm sure almost everyone didn't install the one that came in the box properly.

I apologize in advance for not using the search function (if applicable). None of my observations would make me consider returning the device. Hands down the BEST mobile device I've ever owned (and I've owned plenty).

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 11-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Re: My observations of the Sprint Touch Pro and a Q..

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystx2 View Post
Few things I've noticed about my Pro (Some of which have been addressed)-

-It runs just as hot as my Sprint Diamond.
-It now appears that I have better reception with the Pro - I get a constant 5 bars in an area where I only got 2 or 3 from the Diamond.
-The keyboard buttons depress a little firm, not a complaint though, just an observation.
-The keyboard slider mechanism has no slack and pops open solid.
-Overall performance with keyboard open is slower than with keyboard closed. Temporary complaint though, I'm sure the ROM devs will come up with something.
-Battery cover squeaks.
-With the audio fix on this site, I have absolutely no problems with sound whatsoever.
-It is 1/2 inch thicker than the Sprint Diamond.

Now a couple of questions -

-Is there a shortcut keystroke to click X or OK on the physical keyboard? It gets a bit annoying reaching to the top to either click the back button or touching the screen.
-Will there be a Sprint Touch Pro screen protector coming out in the near future? I'm sure almost everyone didn't install the one that came in the box properly.

I apologize in advance for not using the search function (if applicable). None of my observations would make me consider returning the device. Hands down the BEST mobile device I've ever owned (and I've owned plenty).
The button labeled as a back arrow on the front of the device is actually an OK button. I haven't found a way to do it on the keyboard (nor have I found any buttons to use the softkeys which is kinda annoying for apps that want to fullscreen themselves).

It's certainly not 1/2" thicker. Also, I don't think it really gets that hot (certainly not much if any hotter than my mogul did). Also not sure where you are getting that there is slower performance with the keyboard open as I don't notice a difference.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started
Re: My observations of the Sprint Touch Pro and a Q..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
Umm, I thought it was quite clear that this was something like ~ .1-.2 inches, certainly not .5?
Definitely not .1-.2 inches, i am certain its closer to the .5 inch range. Guys, these aren't complaints, they are simply observations! And, I am aware that the back arrow can exit out of a program, I was just hoping there was a keystroke combination that could do the trick.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:08 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 11-01-2008, 03:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg2k3 View Post
Hey guys. Just got mine today and I have to say that this phone has the best LED flash functionality Ive ever seen. Not only does it allow you to use Flash for your shot but it also powers on the LED in a low power state to aid the viewfinder. Awsome! The only way they could have made it better is if they installed a Xenon bulb instead like some POS Sony Ericson phones have.
The Mogul does that too, possibly other phones
Old 11-01-2008, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

docmarioce is a n00b

I knew from this forum that the this phone was in BB for sale like 3 days ago so 2 days ago I went to BB thinking in returning my Touch Diamong which I got in Sprint (corporate store) and the lady in BB told me that I had to return it to the same Sprint Store and make the exchange with them, so a little sad and after trying the Pro in BB (I have to say I loved its speed and keyboard and everything from the first sight, thing that did not happen with the Touch Diamond) I came back home and did a search of the Sprint representative that sold me the diamond and what a surprise they already had the Touch Pro in stock and in the system so I went and made the exchange in the sprint store. Today is one day and a half with my Touch Pro and loving it. It is faster that the Diamond, it looks solid and classy at the same time, the keyboard is very convenient and I love. It is definitely the more complete piece of phone that I ever had. The GPS is fine with me but I'm not a GPS freak anyways but it looks fast. I always had Treos and my last one was the 800w and I can say that one can do pretty much the same or more with this phone with a better resolution screen. So far I'm very happy and loving my Touch Pro.

Thanks for reading

Mario
Old 11-01-2008, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

WARMACHN is a n00b

I like my pro but I notice that my screen is not as bright as my wifes Diamond.. I maxed out the backlight on both but still notice her's is brighter =-(

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro