View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 12:28 AM
holo
Halfway to VIP Status

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My observations of the Sprint Touch Pro and a Q..

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystx2 View Post
Few things I've noticed about my Pro (Some of which have been addressed)-

-It runs just as hot as my Sprint Diamond.
-It now appears that I have better reception with the Pro - I get a constant 5 bars in an area where I only got 2 or 3 from the Diamond.
-The keyboard buttons depress a little firm, not a complaint though, just an observation.
-The keyboard slider mechanism has no slack and pops open solid.
-Overall performance with keyboard open is slower than with keyboard closed. Temporary complaint though, I'm sure the ROM devs will come up with something.
-Battery cover squeaks.
-With the audio fix on this site, I have absolutely no problems with sound whatsoever.
-It is 1/2 inch thicker than the Sprint Diamond.

Now a couple of questions -

-Is there a shortcut keystroke to click X or OK on the physical keyboard? It gets a bit annoying reaching to the top to either click the back button or touching the screen.
-Will there be a Sprint Touch Pro screen protector coming out in the near future? I'm sure almost everyone didn't install the one that came in the box properly.

I apologize in advance for not using the search function (if applicable). None of my observations would make me consider returning the device. Hands down the BEST mobile device I've ever owned (and I've owned plenty).
The button labeled as a back arrow on the front of the device is actually an OK button. I haven't found a way to do it on the keyboard (nor have I found any buttons to use the softkeys which is kinda annoying for apps that want to fullscreen themselves).

It's certainly not 1/2" thicker. Also, I don't think it really gets that hot (certainly not much if any hotter than my mogul did). Also not sure where you are getting that there is slower performance with the keyboard open as I don't notice a difference.