PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 07:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
I was considering the route you took but I was scared to have an expensive phone with no warrenty or insurance
I can certainly understand that. That is the downside of it obviously.

~John
Old 02-09-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

From the PCMag review of the Verizon Touch Pro:

"The media player supports MP3 and WMA music files and PlaysForSure DRM-encoded tracks, but it doesn't display album art."

Things like that always make me wonder about the reviewer.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Lurker

code2medic is a n00b
@ days with Touch Pro...

I have had this phone now for two days and I am hoping to seek a few answers before I drop the phone in the box and return it.

1st Email just sucks cant even download simple pictures inserted into message
Yes i did turn the setting allow it but it fails and just shows a blank box with the x in it

2nd WTF windows cant play a simple mpeg file in windows media

3rd the volume on this thing sucks completely useless. My instinct was 3 times louder and forget speaker phone as your better off holding it up to your ear

4th Not as fast a response to touch as i thought delayed

5th wifi Will never store my home network wep key thus making me add itevery time just to logg on thats crazy.

I surely can some up with more but im giving it a shotand maybe a few of you have some insight that might clear these issues up before its given back inn exchange for a BB

And yes i have the last mighty mikes rom
Old 02-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work
Re: @ days with Touch Pro...

Wait, you already flashed a ROM before even using the device?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker

code2medic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
Wait, you already flashed a ROM before even using the device?

No i had one for work it work fine. Then a offer through work came up offering us either a BB or the touch pro for personal phones at which time i turned over my instinct for the touch pro and well it just seems sub par compared to the one i had at work.

Hence why i flashed it to see if there would be improvements which there doesn't seem to be any at this point

Tho flashing or not has nothing to do with what i listed as problems above. same issues with stock rom and flashed new rom
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by code2medic View Post
No i had one for work it work fine. Then a offer through work came up offering us either a BB or the touch pro for personal phones at which time i turned over my instinct for the touch pro and well it just seems sub par compared to the one i had at work.

Hence why i flashed it to see if there would be improvements which there doesn't seem to be any at this point

Tho flashing or not has nothing to do with what i listed as problems above. same issues with stock rom and flashed new rom

Well your missing out on something, and thats a custom rom, so just flash a custom rom, and that should solve your problems.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Welcome to windows mobile. We have a support group that meets every Thursday.

1) huh? Was that html email? Should work.
2) nope, no mpeg. Windows media files. There are other media players though
3) audiopara file.. mine can chip paint off a wall from 10' now
4) there's always the iPhone...
5) WEP? Why bother. But mine remembers the WPA key.

Hard to say how much of this is the rom's fault. I'm running stock sprint (tweaked to the moon, but hey) and its not having any problems beyond the NORMAL Windows Mobile 6.1 features.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I only run the Sprint Stock ROM. I haven't had my phone long enough to want to risk it just yet...

With that said...

1. What kind of HTML email are you opening? As I've never had an issue opening images embedded into an HTML email... Maybe the email itself isn't properly marked up?
2. I can't speak on this so I'm skipping over it. I don't use my phone for audio or video playback.
3. I haven't had problems yet, but my ears are sensitive. It is too loud for me
4. Did you align your screen? As it should respond very well to touch. Otherwise you might want to exchange it out.
5. I have only use WPA2 and it remembers that fine. I don't know if this is a WEP specific issue or a ROM related one since you're messing with a lot of custom ROMs.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:38 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
I only run the Sprint Stock ROM. I haven't had my phone long enough to want to risk it just yet...

With that said...

1. What kind of HTML email are you opening? As I've never had an issue opening images embedded into an HTML email... Maybe the email itself isn't properly marked up?
2. I can't speak on this so I'm skipping over it. I don't use my phone for audio or video playback.
3. I haven't had problems yet, but my ears are sensitive. It is too loud for me
4. Did you align your screen? As it should respond very well to touch. Otherwise you might want to exchange it out.
5. I have only use WPA2 and it remembers that fine. I don't know if this is a WEP specific issue or a ROM related one since you're messing with a lot of custom ROMs.
I'm not having issues with WEP keys. I have a few simultaneous WEP-enabled networks set up on my phone, all with different SSID's and keys... all save just fine and always connect fine.

Seems like far too many of these are probably user error...
Old 02-12-2009, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by code2medic View Post
I have had this phone now for two days and I am hoping to seek a few answers before I drop the phone in the box and return it.

1st Email just sucks cant even download simple pictures inserted into message
Yes i did turn the setting allow it but it fails and just shows a blank box with the x in it

2nd WTF windows cant play a simple mpeg file in windows media

3rd the volume on this thing sucks completely useless. My instinct was 3 times louder and forget speaker phone as your better off holding it up to your ear

4th Not as fast a response to touch as i thought delayed

5th wifi Will never store my home network wep key thus making me add itevery time just to logg on thats crazy.

I surely can some up with more but im giving it a shotand maybe a few of you have some insight that might clear these issues up before its given back inn exchange for a BB

And yes i have the last mighty mikes rom
Sometimes its better for some peeople not to have a WM Device
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro