PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DatGirlWitGame is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A Few Very Annoying Issues

I have an HTC Touch Pro through Sprint and I LOVE IT ! Besides a few irritating problems.

1. Phone locks up while charging. It has happened to me about 4 or 5 times.
2. My keyboard does not work at times. I will be on a messenger such as yahoo, and when I slide the keyboard out to start typing, the keyboard does not respond.
3. When the keyboard does work, it does not work properly and types in extra letters and spaces. And the only way to stop it from doing so is to let it type a million letters until it gives up or I have to select the characters via the touch screen and delete them via touch screen.

I was considering taking up to Sprint to get another, but I was just wondering if there were any fixes or would it just be better to take it up to Sprint? I have NEVER dropped the phone or done anything to possibly damage the phone. The only changes I have made to the phone were adding an 8GB Micro SD Card instead of keeping the 1GB that came with it.

Anyways...Just wondering what I should do. I really LOVE my HTC Touch Pro, but those 3 issues are just really grinding my gears.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

techsavvy is a n00b
Re: A Few Very Annoying Issues

i would take it to the sprint store. ive had three touch pro's since i've had mine. like you i like the phone, just some minor issues. the reps told me that there were some flaws and they were working in a new batch. i just got a new one. no prblms thast concernes me right now. but take it to the sprint store
Old 02-16-2009, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would try a hard reset before you return the phone. If it keeps acting up after that..Bring that POS back and get a new one! hehe
Old 02-16-2009, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chowder25 is becoming a great contributor

i hard resetted my phone 3 times with the same problems... mostly the phone locking up while charging.. ive woke up late 4-5 times because of this issue. i finally got fed up and sent the phone back to HTC to get a replacement under the warranty.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

abacot is a n00b
Re: On my 4th Touch Pro now and not a good thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanhan View Post
So you never drop or abuse yoiur phone in any way?

I went through about 6 moguls and so far knock on wood my TP is doing GREAT. No lags no BS no hardware issues.

To me, the phone seems much more solidly built than the mogul was.
No I take excellent care of all of them. All 3 previous phones were in excellent condition.

And the other poster was right, it REALLY sucks having to do all the customizing over and over again. I am wondering if any of the stuff I did was what messed up the phone. I know the audiopara tweak blew the earpiece speaker, not sure what happened when the wheel quit working and shortly after i installed gyrator is when the keyboard quit working.

Hopefully this is my last one. Actually I know this is my last one. I cant do it again, unfortunately I would have to downgrade if it happens again.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

Threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
buggy touch pro? or is this normal?

Okay, so yesterday I went and got my week old touch pro replaced. The reason i thought it was bad was because of terrible performance in nearly every area, and countless crashes of random apps, such as device.exe, cprog.exe, and nearly every third party app i had crashed at one point or another. Because of this, the phone needed to be rebooted every two hours or so. Sometimes the phone would lock up when booting, or hang after the windows 6.1 splash screen for awhile, and do this weird thing where it put the windows start icon in the middle of the task bar while still showing the spash screen.

I wanted to know if any of this was normal for the stock rom, because my replacement seems to have alot of the same problems, and I'm scared to flash my own rom until i know that this one isnt messed up too.

Now dont get me wrong, i'm no noob and I know how much a custom ROM can benefit over stock, but this thing is a dog performance wise. My Vogue runs circles around this thing, it reminds me of my apache.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 02-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: buggy touch pro? or is this normal?

my TP hasent had any of the issues listed above besides the sluggishness but loading a custom ROM without all the sprint bloatware improved it quit a bit. Def should flash, worst that can happen is its still sluggish, reflash stock and take it back to sprint IMHO
Old 02-19-2009, 11:34 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

I had quite a few errors when using the stock ROM, but it didn't really have any effect on my phone. I have noticed that any customer ROM seems to run faster than the stock. That was for sprint anyway, not sure about alltel

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 02-19-2009, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am not experiencing any of those problems with mine. I would bring it back again and this time try and get a new one not a referb.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro