PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 08:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Bold 9700
Carrier: At&t

bwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Buy deal and date

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
it's an evil device designed to break up happy homes.
lol, isn't that the truth.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite4801 View Post
lol, isn't that the truth.
damn that madden and grand theft auto!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
i'm going to thank you for this thread as you have provided useful info to anyone wanting to purchase the pro @ bb.i'm just warning those like myself that sometimes what glitters ain't gold.if bb doesn't inflate thier prices then why are all the sprint phones between $50-$200 higher than what the actual carrier sells them for?it seems you're a good-natured employee that i wish could've waited on me but the bottom line is you get employees who sell you things and tell you lies just to make a sell.sorry if any bb people are offended but i stand by what i say and i have a house full of portable dvd players,computer,vacuum cleaner,two sprint phones,memory cards,ps2s,and so forth to back me up.
First off, the phones you described again, weren't all inflated. The Diamond was right on the money for an imported, unlocked phone, and the Touch was MSRP. Instinct does appear inflated, but keep in mind that Best Buy doesn't always get the same access to the same deals Sprint can internally, and if purchased under the right conditions it ends up the same price you'd buy it for from Sprint directly. Otherwise you're clearly smart enough to know it's too expensive there, so buy it elsewhere.

However I'm not, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy. I've never received a paycheck from them and I don't take orders from them. But I know their store better than most of their employees. And I know, for a fact, that there's a lot of pretty bad crap that goes on in that store. I'm not arguing that. Just pointing out that we need to blame them for what they actually deserve blame for, and not inaccurately point fingers at them for honest mistakes or things that lie outside of their control.

And as for your list of various objects you own from Best Buy, what point does that list serve? I could list off several hundred items I bought at Best Buy with no point made. Are all of those items broken and unfixed despite service plans you were talked into? Did the evil Best Buy employees use their smooth talking to force you to buy all those items when you, in fact, had no need for two vacuum cleaners (the only thing you should ALWAYS get a service plan on), a PS2, computer, etc.? Are you upset that you didn't do enough research of your own and were too susceptible to the dazzling sales skills of 19-year-olds who make $10.50 an hour? I don't get your point.

I posted this because in the off chance Best Buy ISN'T doing something underhanded and sneaky to make this a good deal, and assuming you're intelligent enough to avoid their high-pressure sales tactics, this could be a fantastic deal. If not, don't bother.

Last edited by TurboFool; 10-11-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
First off, the phones you described again, weren't all inflated. The Diamond was right on the money for an imported, unlocked phone, and the Touch was MSRP. Instinct does appear inflated, but keep in mind that Best Buy doesn't always get the same access to the same deals Sprint can internally, and if purchased under the right conditions it ends up the same price you'd buy it for from Sprint directly. Otherwise you're clearly smart enough to know it's too expensive there, so buy it elsewhere.

However I'm not, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy. I've never received a paycheck from them and I don't take orders from them. But I know their store better than most of their employees. And I know, for a fact, that there's a lot of pretty bad crap that goes on in that store. I'm not arguing that. Just pointing out that we need to blame them for what they actually deserve blame for, and not inaccurately point fingers at them for honest mistakes or things that lie outside of their control.

And as for your list of various objects you own from Best Buy, what point does that list serve? I could list off several hundred items I bought at Best Buy with no point made. Are all of those items broken and unfixed despite service plans you were talked into? Did the evil Best Buy employees use their smooth talking to force you to buy all those items when you, in fact, had no need for two vacuum cleaners (the only thing you should ALWAYS get a service plan on), a PS2, computer, etc.? Are you upset that you didn't do enough research of your own and were too susceptible to the dazzling sales skills of 19-year-olds who make $10.50 an hour? I don't get your point.

I posted this because in the off chance Best Buy ISN'T doing something underhanded and sneaky to make this a good deal, and assuming you're intelligent enough to avoid their high-pressure sales tactics, this could be a fantastic deal. If not, don't bother.
why go back n forth with this? if you feel i stepped on your toes thats 1 thing.you started this post and i gave a different point of view.now i am done with this post.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Account Disabled

dear mods: i'm trying to unsubscribe to this thread.please help.thank you.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Timeless
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
dear mods: i'm trying to unsubscribe to this thread.please help.thank you.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

vincemash is keeping up the good workvincemash is keeping up the good work

has anyone tried this 20% off with the diamond in addition to the upgrade discount?
Old 10-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Lurker

MeTA-4z is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemas View Post
has anyone tried this 20% off with the diamond in addition to the upgrade discount?
Well, I went to my local/(ex-employed at) Best Buy today to upgrade my mothers phone (got her a Samsung Rant, pretty spiffy if you ask me) and had my boy do it for me. Everything went smooth and then I asked him if he has heard of this "20% off of smart phones" deal we're talking about in this thread. Says he doesn't, so we verify on the website, and sure enough, it was there. So we do a mock ring-up (including my rz membership, and new 2yr agreement) for a Sprint Curve, nothing, Instinct, nothing, Treo 800w, nothing. So it leads me to believe, he either A) did something wrong, B) somethings wrong with his POS, or C) disc. doesn't work at all. And I'm still puzzled with the last day of the disc. being Nov. 1st, hopefully it doesn't mean what I hope it doesn't mean!?!?!

(Sidebar) I also asked him to check RSS to see if there is any info on the Diamond and Touch Pro and there was nothing yet!?!!?!?!....this is getting out of hand....
Old 10-18-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I work at BBY so here is the deal with that. The 20% discount is not set up properly in POS so you'll need the employee to do an override for that. As for the Diamond in RSS, only the Top 100 BBY Mobile's get the Diamond to sell. The Touch Pro will be carried by every BBY Mobile. I foget the SKU but it can be found in advanced search using 'SPRINT PCS 003' as the Supplier Name. My store (Cape Cod) list 8 Touch Pros on order.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
I work at BBY so here is the deal with that. The 20% discount is not set up properly in POS so you'll need the employee to do an override for that. As for the Diamond in RSS, only the Top 100 BBY Mobile's get the Diamond to sell. The Touch Pro will be carried by every BBY Mobile. I foget the SKU but it can be found in advanced search using 'SPRINT PCS 003' as the Supplier Name. My store (Cape Cod) list 8 Touch Pros on order.
When are they supposed to come in?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro