PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42
Re: New Information and Tentative Release Dates for Touch Diamond and Touch Pro

Sounds reasonable to me... ie: makes sense and logical. That is kinda what I was thinking too... I'd like to be surprised that's for sure ;?) Come on Sprint...surprise me...surprise me!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Anyone remeber how long it was before the mogul went down in price? I bought one for $400 with the upgrade almost the day it was release. I don't think i can wait 3 months to save $50 on the touch pro though.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cjbreisch is just getting started
Re: Possible Price for Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
This was just posted on engadget today and although it doesn't seem like it will be coming out in North America, I would actually prefer this device over either the Diamond or the Pro:
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...tter-than-one/
I like it too, but talk about big. I'm trying to imagine what my Apache would look like with a numeric keypad at the bottom. We're talking full-size land-line style handset here. As great as it sounds, I think I'd have to pass.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

I get 20% through my work as well. Just one of the perks working in entertainment!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbreisch View Post
I like it too, but talk about big. I'm trying to imagine what my Apache would look like with a numeric keypad at the bottom. We're talking full-size land-line style handset here. As great as it sounds, I think I'd have to pass.
Yeah, that's another thing I was looking at. It is a longer handset, so it kinda reminded me of the old Motorolla brick phones (even though I'd assume it would be the same depth as the Mogul)
Old 08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
Anyone remeber how long it was before the mogul went down in price? I bought one for $400 with the upgrade almost the day it was release. I don't think i can wait 3 months to save $50 on the touch pro though.
I'm in the same boat. Paid the same amount (initially, before all the screw ups Sprint did to my account).

I don't know many people that have a Mogul that would be eligible for the "full" instant rebate, unless they worked at Sprint or a 3rd party re-seller. I got mine a few weeks prior to the general release date.

Either way, I'm anticipating getting a decent amount for my Mogul on ebay. Even if it were only $100, that's still double the amount it would be worth doing the Sprint Trade-in thing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro palm pre
Carrier: sprint

ummzitsokies is a n00b
Re: Sprint's projected launch dates for the near future.

I've heard that the touch pro and diamond will not be available right away to those of us that are on sprint employee plans. Similar to what they did with the instinct, the touch diamond and pro will only be available to customers before those with the employee plans. I heard that we have to wait a couple of months before we can get our hands on them.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummzitsokies View Post
I've heard that the touch pro and diamond will not be available right away to those of us that are on sprint employee plans. Similar to what they did with the instinct, the touch diamond and pro will only be available to customers before those with the employee plans. I heard that we have to wait a couple of months before we can get our hands on them.
You are correct. I used to work at sprint 2 months ago as a lead, and true, we never get the good phones the same day that the customers get them.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

69L46 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
And from what some Sprint employees have posted, the rebate forms are usually a 2 month period. Thing is, they were also saying that it's possible to have a rebate form, but the phone won't necessarily get released "earlier" than expected. The one thing that was mentioned is that it's usually not common for them to have a rebate form with a phone indicated that will only be available 2 weeks prior to the rebate form expiration.

So, everything is still up in the air. I'm still banking on the Touch Pro being available around 10/2, which will give 1 month of sales for the reps before the rebate form is changed/modified.
This would jive with the request to the FCC to hold internal photos and the manual as confidential until ~Sept 1.

Additionally, the request cover letter I linked to in an earlier post for the diamond has the caveat that they wish to hold photos/manual confidential until Nov. after final approval. Sounds like there was/is a delay on FCC approval for the diamond that didn't occur with the touch pro.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

MooZx3 is a n00b

yep, I just finished up some training and as it turns out they are doing that with the employees, but that's okay.
I'll happily wait another month or so to the the revised versions....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro