PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint's projected launch dates for the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Saw this on engadget too. Thing is, it has dates up to October 16. I'm pretty sure someone threw out a date of 10/19/08, so that may be why the Touch Pro isn't listed.
October 19th is the end of confidentiality through the FCC. Not sure why this date keeps getting thrown around as it really says nothing about the release date (except maybe that we would expect to see it SOMETIME before then). FYI the end of confidentiality for the diamond is actually LATER than the end for the touch pro as it was filed afterwards...
Old 08-28-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cordodor is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cordodor
Re: Possible Price for Touch Pro

the S740 is
116.3 mm (L) X 43.4 mm (W) X 16.3 mm (T)
140g with battery

the touch pro is
102 mm (L) X 51 mm (W) X 18.05 mm (T)
165g wih battery

so the s740 is narrower and thinner than the touch pro, but it is indeed longer by 14mm, which isn't terribly longer. The S740 only has a 2.4" screen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
October 19th is the end of confidentiality through the FCC. Not sure why this date keeps getting thrown around as it really says nothing about the release date (except maybe that we would expect to see it SOMETIME before then). FYI the end of confidentiality for the diamond is actually LATER than the end for the touch pro as it was filed afterwards...
Youre right, also, if its anything. I noticed that Oct 19th is on a sunday. Im sorry, but i dont think sprint will launch a phone on a sunday. An Oct 21st release would make more sense to me if they planned to launch it within the speculation window going around the net.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

How much larger is the Telus CDMA Touch Diamond than the GSM version? The CDMA Touch Pro might be larger too...
Old 08-28-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Youre right, also, if its anything. I noticed that Oct 19th is on a sunday. Im sorry, but i dont think sprint will launch a phone on a sunday. An Oct 21st release would make more sense to me if they planned to launch it within the speculation window going around the net.
Why not?

Normal business days are M-F. Sundays are a day that majority of people don't have work, so it's better opportunity for customers to be browsing through the Sprint store on a casual Sunday afternoon. Sundays are days that majority of people lilke to relax and/or do errands.

The 21st would be a Tuesday. Less sales during the day and majority of the people can't get to the store until after 5pm and by that time, not many people would really want to go to the Sprint and are more likely to go home and relax.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cordodor is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cordodor

the cdma version of the diamond is 2.5 mm thicker

it was done to allow for a larger battery. Because the Touch Pro already is able to support the larger 1350mAh battery, I really doubt it will be any thicker than the gsm equivalent.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cjbreisch is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordodor View Post
the S740 is 116.3 mm (L) X 43.4 mm (W) X 16.3 mm (T) 140g with battery the touch pro is 102 mm (L) X 51 mm (W) X 18.05 mm (T) 165g wih battery so the s740 is narrower and thinner than the touch pro, but it is indeed longer by 14mm, which isn't terribly longer. The S740 only has a 2.4" screen.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen that. So, a little more than 1/2" longer than the Pro and lighter. But only a 2.4" screen. I thought I saw that it's not a touch screen also?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

No it's not a touchscreen... it runs Windows Mobile Smartphone (or whatever the non-touchscreen OS is).
Old 08-28-2008, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cjbreisch is just getting started

Yes, that's what I thought. Thanks, jaggrey. I believe the latest name for that product is "Windows Mobile Standard" and the touch screen version is "Windows Mobile Professional". Of course, those names are subject to change without notice.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
How'd you get a 20% discount on SE?
Really it is just how you speak to them. They messed up some of my discounts, so I got them to put me on a new plan and give me 20% loyalty. They gave me the option to go to SERO and I thought about it, but I wouldn't get GPS (which I LOVE!) or Sprint TV (which I will never use). I also was going to lose my "white glove" status. I want that so I can upgrade my lines phones about every 6 months.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro