PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 03:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible Price for Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
Looks like Sero will be going out the door. Glad I switched to that everything plan with the 20% discount.

How'd you get a 20% discount on SE?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I hope sprint let me sign back up for a 2yr contract so I can get all the discounts I can on this phone
Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ddogbert is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
How'd you get a 20% discount on SE?
I don't know about him, but I get a 25% discount through my job.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I think I get like 20% off on my bill too cause of my job don't seem like it does much but hey every lil bit helps right. Think I need to be callin sprint to make sure I'm getting all my discounts for my bill/plan
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

<p>
Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
yes this is tru, but with quad band you voice will work just like it should. but you wont be able to use GSM's faster internet. if im not mistaken you will be stuck using EDGE which is like CDMA's 1x slow internet. you can compare it to using your old 56k internet vs. the cable internet you use now.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

What you speak of is the limitation you get as a result by using the Tri Band version. The Quad band version has 850, so you don't have to give anything up. Personally I haven't read much into it, since I am on Sprint and CDMA.

-CC
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan

arshield is a n00b

I was told that I would get 20% discount through my wife's job if we switched the account to her name. Ended up being a 7% discount, and they renewed for 2 years (in spite of the fact that they told me they wouldn't. Got to love sprint service.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshield View Post
I was told that I would get 20% discount through my wife's job if we switched the account to her name. Ended up being a 7% discount, and they renewed for 2 years (in spite of the fact that they told me they wouldn't. Got to love sprint service.
See that's what happen to me! That's why I put the phone in me ma name cause of the discount. And you have to watch sprint they tell one thing than its another I got the 1st bill and it was not on there sooooo we called em back and they fixed it been running smooth ever since
Old 08-27-2008, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

othersteve is just getting started
Re: New Information and Tentative Release Dates for Touch Diamond and Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42 View Post
Yeah, that is completely backwards from everything else I've seen too. I would be very glad to be surprised with the Pro coming out that soon if it were the case, but I'd have to see/hear some of that first hand.
With the advent of these latest scans showing the mail-in rebate expiration dates ( 11/1/08 ), you have to wonder whether or not we really might see a release for the Pro prior to Oct 19.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersteve View Post
With the advent of these latest scans showing the mail-in rebate expiration dates ( 11/1/08 ), you have to wonder whether or not we really might see a release for the Pro prior to Oct 19.
I absolutely agree...it definitely makes me wonder! I would be glad to see the Touch Pro released sooner rather than later.

This thread is particularly interesting:
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=171589

Including the scan of the back page which is about half way down (be sure to scroll down and look at the other image that was posted)
Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42 View Post
I absolutely agree...it definitely makes me wonder! I would be glad to see the Touch Pro released sooner rather than later.

This thread is particularly interesting:
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=171589

Including the scan of the back page which is about half way down (be sure to scroll down and look at the other image that was posted)
And from what some Sprint employees have posted, the rebate forms are usually a 2 month period. Thing is, they were also saying that it's possible to have a rebate form, but the phone won't necessarily get released "earlier" than expected. The one thing that was mentioned is that it's usually not common for them to have a rebate form with a phone indicated that will only be available 2 weeks prior to the rebate form expiration.

So, everything is still up in the air. I'm still banking on the Touch Pro being available around 10/2, which will give 1 month of sales for the reps before the rebate form is changed/modified.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro