PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible Price for Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
@Drexappeal

I like the idea of them launching at the same time, its just that it wouldnt be such a great strategy for sprint. Im sorry to say, but i think they understand that a qwerty phone will sell more than a none qwerty phone. I figure they plan to trap a few people in before they know what happened.

This is just my opinion though, i know there are some die hard touch users out there, but i feel that its general consensus that a qwerty version of the same specs would have been more recognized as the flagship device.

Anyways, if i remember right, theres a sprint sheet going around addressing future phone release dates. It goes up to the 16th of october and does not mention a touch pro release date. This thread starts with more document telling that theres a coupon for the touch pro that expires on the first of november. Two and two together, we are looking at a two week span for the launching of this phone, but i doubt they would make a coupon to only last so shortly.... Either way, the october 19th release date is looking more and more realistic to me, but personally, i really want that simultaneous launch as said in the post above. *crosses fingers*
I actually don't remember saying anything about launching both devices at the same time. I was saying that "what if" Sprint re-thought their strategy and decided to release the Touch Pro before the Diamond, given the fact that the Mogul is older (and the Touch Pro is supposed to be the replacement) than the Touch (Diamond is the replacement for that).

Anyhow, it's moot at this point. Someone on Sprintusers, who apparently works for Sprint, mentioned that it's not gonna happen. Diamond will be coming out first, even if it is released later than the 9/2 date that has been the most solid.

Furthermore, the "coupon" is not actually a coupon. It's a form that Sprint reps are given 2 months prior to the end date that is listed. It is updated every 2 months (according to the same person from Sprintuser website).

That being said, I may hold out. This was just posted on engadget today and although it doesn't seem like it will be coming out in North America, I would actually prefer this device over either the Diamond or the Pro:
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...tter-than-one/

This would allow me one handed dialing if I'm driving and don't want to look down at the phone, while at the same time, still having a QWERTY keyboard for texting/emails for business.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sorry about that, i kinda glanced over your post. Im not too familiar with the whole process that sprint goes through before putting these phones out either, but even with that coupon not actually being a coupon, i would find it interesting to see a release date any later than the 19th.

And i agree with you about the release order, the pro is supposed to be the moguls update on sprint, it doesnt make a lot of sense for it to be launched after the touch update. But sprint didnt really plan for the mogul or touch to be so popular if you ask me. The a900, m1, and treo were still the kings for the time sales wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
That being said, I may hold out. This was just posted on engadget today and although it doesn't seem like it will be coming out in North America, I would actually prefer this device over either the Diamond or the Pro:
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...tter-than-one/

This would allow me one handed dialing if I'm driving and don't want to look down at the phone, while at the same time, still having a QWERTY keyboard for texting/emails for business.
The lack of touch screen and lower resolution puts this out of my plans, but it is way more stylish and consumer friendly than the TP or the TD. Also, ive also gotten used to blind typing on my phone, but just not while driving lol, truse me, ive tried.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Also to consider there are Tri Band and Quad Band versions... Quad will be preferable for use in the US.

-CC
yes this is tru, but with quad band you voice will work just like it should. but you wont be able to use GSM's faster internet. if im not mistaken you will be stuck using EDGE which is like CDMA's 1x slow internet. you can compare it to using your old 56k internet vs. the cable internet you use now.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I must say, there are 2 VERY nice links in this thread!

And I lol'ed at the article:
Quote:
The feature list has naturally been refreshed, too, with 7.2Mbps HSDPA on the 900 and 2100MHz bands (read: screw you, North Americans)
Old 08-27-2008, 12:10 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
What? You mean you cant already text single handed while driving? Shame on you
Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 AM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I must say, there are 2 VERY nice links in this thread!

And I lol'ed at the article:
I noticed that too...LOL. After reading about the Vox originally released, I'm sticking with the Touch Pro...hahaha.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
What? You mean you cant already text single handed while driving? Shame on you
Hahaha...not with the mogul. Actually, I was more referring to dialing phone numbers (since I don't have my phone hooked up to my car...freaking MB and it's compatibility with sprint is crap).
Old 08-27-2008, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor

That isnt the POSSIBLE PRICE>. that IS THE PRICE. That is a copy of the price sheets that just arrived at my store today. I scanned them - search my post you will see that I attached that image and then someone from sprint users ganked it and added to it - and THEN it floated back here..

I love the internet.. but anyhow..

Those are the correct sprint pricing.. does not mean that the price will not be amended.. but at least for now they are legit - the consumer rebate forms also arrived today and are good starting 9/2/08

What does it mean.. I have no idea.. last weeks employee playbook didnt have anything on either diamond or pro in it.. tomorrows playbook will be up in the morning when I get to the store I will check it and post anything relevant!

Good hunting all!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
That isnt the POSSIBLE PRICE>. that IS THE PRICE. That is a copy of the price sheets that just arrived at my store today. I scanned them - search my post you will see that I attached that image and then someone from sprint users ganked it and added to it - and THEN it floated back here..

I love the internet.. but anyhow..

Those are the correct sprint pricing.. does not mean that the price will not be amended.. but at least for now they are legit - the consumer rebate forms also arrived today and are good starting 9/2/08

What does it mean.. I have no idea.. last weeks employee playbook didnt have anything on either diamond or pro in it.. tomorrows playbook will be up in the morning when I get to the store I will check it and post anything relevant!

Good hunting all!
Thanks so much for posting! Awesome news that it is truly a legit pricing form (you never know with the internet)
Old 08-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Hey man, thanks for the confirmation!

Well, when you check the playbook tomorrow, tell us if you see the Diamond or Pro on there!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro