PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible Price for Touch Pro

$579 isn't too bad, I guess...

It better have a built-in solar panel though, for that kind of dough.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jaggrey is keeping up the good workjaggrey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jaggrey

I just noticed something... if this sheet is accurate then the price of the Q9C will be going up by $50. Hmm...
Old 08-26-2008, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggrey View Post
I just noticed something... if this sheet is accurate then the price of the Q9C will be going up by $50. Hmm...
The retail price is actually listed higher on that sheet, which explains the $50 more...but...maybe this was an "old" sheet prior to the delays?

Either way, this is enough confirmation that the Touch Pro without a doubt will be on Sprint. Like you said earlier, just a waiting game now.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

vman51 is a n00b

hmm..treo 700 costs only $50 less than the 800?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

So let me get this right. The touch pro will be 579 outright no discounts on it?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
So let me get this right. The touch pro will be 579 outright no discounts on it?
If the price form is correct, that's what I gathered when I zoomed in on it.

$429 w/ instant and before mail-in-rebate.
$329 w/ instant and after mail-in-rebate.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint MoguL > Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero 500

BL3SSED1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
Looks like Sero will be going out the door. Glad I switched to that everything plan with the 20% discount.
So if I wanted to get the rebate and instant savings I would need to give up my SERO plan? Or could I just renew the contract on my SERO plan?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

The nmore interesting thing to note is the date the mail-in offer expires. 11/1/08 which one would think would mean that the phone would be available well before that date.

So we could be looking at Sept or Oct release date.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInMD View Post
The nmore interesting thing to note is the date the mail-in offer expires. 11/1/08 which one would think would mean that the phone would be available well before that date.

So we could be looking at Sept or Oct release date.
Someone on the Sprintusers website had posted as if they are a Sprint employee and he said that the rebate form usually has a 2 month window and they are usually issued a new form the day after expiration (in this case, it would be 11/2/08 for a "new" one).

That being said, if we're looking at a 2 month window, it's quite possible 9/2/08 could see a surprise release of the Touch Pro along with the Touch Diamond.

With all of the talks about the Diamond release being "delayed" a few weeks and things that have been said here and there about the Touch being newer than the Mogul and whatnot...It got me thinking, could Sprint possibly have re-thought which phone will be released first and decided to launch the Touch Pro first? (Yeah, I doubt it...but just a passing thought)

Anyhow, no matter what, I'll be ready to swoop up a Touch Pro in a hearbeat and most likely sell my Mogul on ebay afterwards.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@Drexappeal

I like the idea of them launching at the same time, its just that it wouldnt be such a great strategy for sprint. Im sorry to say, but i think they understand that a qwerty phone will sell more than a none qwerty phone. I figure they plan to trap a few people in before they know what happened.

This is just my opinion though, i know there are some die hard touch users out there, but i feel that its general consensus that a qwerty version of the same specs would have been more recognized as the flagship device.

Anyways, if i remember right, theres a sprint sheet going around addressing future phone release dates. It goes up to the 16th of october and does not mention a touch pro release date. This thread starts with more document telling that theres a coupon for the touch pro that expires on the first of november. Two and two together, we are looking at a two week span for the launching of this phone, but i doubt they would make a coupon to only last so shortly.... Either way, the october 19th release date is looking more and more realistic to me, but personally, i really want that simultaneous launch as said in the post above. *crosses fingers*
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro