PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrizburnz View Post
Can you confirm that, or even confirm that Sprint will even carry it for a fact?

Edit: I just realized something. From the picture posted at the beginning of the forum it shows that the touch pro will cost $579.00 without a contract... Everyone knows that the price is probably going to be around $900-$950 or something like that because of the comparison with the UK release of 468 pounds, or am I just way off in assuming that?
Sprint will be doing something this wed to let everyone know they will carry the touch diamond and touch pro. If you do a search you will find it. Its a common fact right about now. And they are pics in different threads showing prices of both phone I think its pretty much of just when they will be released.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Can you confirm that, or even confirm that Sprint will even carry it for a fact?

Edit: I just realized something. From the picture posted at the beginning of the forum it shows that the touch pro will cost $579.00 without a contract... Everyone knows that the price is probably going to be around $900-$950 or something like that because of the comparison with the UK release of 468 pounds, or am I just way off in assuming that?
yeah you're wrong. its going to be 579 full price for sprint customers on Oct. 19th. if you are eligible for upgrade or a new line then it will be cheaper depending on what rebates they offer. if you look around the forum there are post that show the pro on sprints release sheet for oct 19.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

There are so many people that are "doubters" the closer it gets to the "proposed release." I find that so odd, considering the wealth of information that has been posted on here and on Sprintusers.

Is that just paranoia, or just laziness for looking through all the posts?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:

Exchange rate figures for unlocked phones are never useful. Yes, if you imported an unlocked GPS model, it would cost that much. But there's a premium (beyond merely the non-contract price) for it being unlocked, and products are never sold at their exact exchange rate prices. In fact, typically items sell here in dollars for very similar prices to UK pounds, which is why the Europeans gets so pissed off at the prices of our electronics, since they get the stiff end of that deal.

$579.00 is perfectly on-spec with past figures and reality. The phone couldn't possibly cost more than that to manufacture.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any tips ahead of time on how to spend the least amount of money on this phone. When I bought my Mogul online, on launch day, I paid full price minus my $75 one-year discount. Within a week I was seeing people having spent drastically less on theirs and I felt a touch cheated. So with that in mind, does anyone know now of any discounts I should plan for, or rebates, or whatever? Perhaps any clever techniques to garner discounts from Sprint directly? I'm willing to pay the full amount if forced to, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

That's what I'm saying. Its pretty much comfirmed the price and release date. So why all the hassle don't know. I'm like most ppl on here until I hear otherwise price set 579(I have no problem paying full price Either ) and release date oct 19th(fine by me seeing I'll have all the add-on I need for it by than any) so for me its just waiting.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Yeah, you're off in your assumption.

First, you're talking about different technology.. GSM vs CDMA, but that's a fairly minor issue... The big issue is supply and demand. They charge more in Europe because they can. Income is higher in europe than the US on average, and most everything costs significantly more.
In the U.S., there's FAR more competition between carriers, and as such, they can't justify such a huge price tag or nobody would buy their phone. HTC becomes "victim" of the fact that there are 19 different carriers, and if the very best phones aren't affordable, you'll just switch carriers and settle for an inferior phone.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
That's what I'm saying. Its pretty much comfirmed the price and release date. So why all the hassle don't know. I'm like most ppl on here until I hear otherwise price set 579(I have no problem paying full price Either ) and release date oct 19th(fine by me seeing I'll have all the add-on I need for it by than any) so for me its just waiting.
Yup. Not_A_Stain, I'm right there with you (and seems like I have been since I joined the forums). No problem waiting. No problem paying full price (even though I'll probably get a good amount of discounts).

Now, it's just a matter of finding the most reputable sites to buy accessories (which I've been trying to search whenever I have the chance). 2 accessories that I will definitely have by the time I order my phone (1. Video Out; 2. OEM HTC cradle).

Good thing is, my cool looking HTC charger will work with the Touch Pro.

Another thing I'm preparing for is putting all of the Mogul pieces back into the box, so I can sell the Mogul afterwards...Although, if Sprint offers me over $100 for my Mogul, I'll probably just take that as instant credit...LOL.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Cool Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Yup. Not_A_Stain, I'm right there with you (and seems like I have been since I joined the forums). No problem waiting. No problem paying full price (even though I'll probably get a good amount of discounts).

Now, it's just a matter of finding the most reputable sites to buy accessories (which I've been trying to search whenever I have the chance). 2 accessories that I will definitely have by the time I order my phone (1. Video Out; 2. OEM HTC cradle).

Good thing is, my cool looking HTC charger will work with the Touch Pro.

Another thing I'm preparing for is putting all of the Mogul pieces back into the box, so I can sell the Mogul afterwards...Although, if Sprint offers me over $100 for my Mogul, I'll probably just take that as instant credit...LOL.
Extactly. I'm sure I'll get at least 75 off the phone if more cool since it will have been a year since I got the mogul by than if not I won't die. And I found the two things I need the car charger and the tv-out cables. About mid 20 something apiece fine with me! And I "might" sale my mogul if I find a good home for it.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Extactly. I'm sure I'll get at least 75 off the phone if more cool since it will have been a year since I got the mogul by than if not I won't die. And I found the two things I need the car charger and the tv-out cables. About mid 20 something apiece fine with me! And I "might" sale my mogul if I find a good home for it.
Car charger should be 14.99 + around $5 for shipping, so definitely don't pay more than that. That's for the cool looking HTC car charger (what I have for my Mogul right now).

I love it! When you plug in, the HTC on the top of the based lights up blue! Thank God I didn't buy the OEM Sprint one, which was more expensive and didn't have the little touch of style that the HTC one has.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Question Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Car charger should be 14.99 + around $5 for shipping, so definitely don't pay more than that. That's for the cool looking HTC car charger (what I have for my Mogul right now).

I love it! When you plug in, the HTC on the top of the based lights up blue! Thank God I didn't buy the OEM Sprint one, which was more expensive and didn't have the little touch of style that the HTC one has.
Umm where did u buy the cool htc blue light car charger? So I can save some bucks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro