View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 03:31 PM
TurboFool
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrizburnz View Post
Can you confirm that, or even confirm that Sprint will even carry it for a fact?

Edit: I just realized something. From the picture posted at the beginning of the forum it shows that the touch pro will cost $579.00 without a contract... Everyone knows that the price is probably going to be around $900-$950 or something like that because of the comparison with the UK release of 468 pounds, or am I just way off in assuming that?
Exchange rate figures for unlocked phones are never useful. Yes, if you imported an unlocked GPS model, it would cost that much. But there's a premium (beyond merely the non-contract price) for it being unlocked, and products are never sold at their exact exchange rate prices. In fact, typically items sell here in dollars for very similar prices to UK pounds, which is why the Europeans gets so pissed off at the prices of our electronics, since they get the stiff end of that deal.

$579.00 is perfectly on-spec with past figures and reality. The phone couldn't possibly cost more than that to manufacture.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any tips ahead of time on how to spend the least amount of money on this phone. When I bought my Mogul online, on launch day, I paid full price minus my $75 one-year discount. Within a week I was seeing people having spent drastically less on theirs and I felt a touch cheated. So with that in mind, does anyone know now of any discounts I should plan for, or rebates, or whatever? Perhaps any clever techniques to garner discounts from Sprint directly? I'm willing to pay the full amount if forced to, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.