PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Umm where did u buy the cool htc blue light car charger? So I can save some bucks
I actually bought it from a website that had a sale on it, but get it on ebay. I did a quick search for OEM HTC CAR CHARGER and I found a seller that has 100% feedback and is selling for $19.50 (bid price) and $19.99 (buy it now) free shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-OEM-TOUCH-DA...QQcmdZViewItem

They're in California, so no tax for you either (which, in a lot of cases, I end up paying tax).
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I actually bought it from a website that had a sale on it, but get it on ebay. I did a quick search for OEM HTC CAR CHARGER and I found a seller that has 100% feedback and is selling for $19.50 (bid price) and $19.99 (buy it now) free shipping:

They're in California, so no tax for you either (which, in a lot of cases, I end up paying tax).
Thanks for the link
Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks for the link
No problem. I've found needles in haystacks when it comes to phone accessories (in the past), so I'm definitely going to keep searching.

10/19...I'm hoping to have everything ready to go, so there's no lag time between my Mogul and my Touch Pro...LOL.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Sprint will be doing something this wed to let everyone know they will carry the touch diamond and touch pro. If you do a search you will find it. Its a common fact right about now. And they are pics in different threads showing prices of both phone I think its pretty much of just when they will be released.
Quote:
There are so many people that are "doubters" the closer it gets to the "proposed release." I find that so odd, considering the wealth of information that has been posted on here and on Sprintusers.

Is that just paranoia, or just laziness for looking through all the posts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrizburnz View Post
Can you confirm that, or even confirm that Sprint will even carry it for a fact?

Edit: I just realized something. From the picture posted at the beginning of the forum it shows that the touch pro will cost $579.00 without a contract... Everyone knows that the price is probably going to be around $900-$950 or something like that because of the comparison with the UK release of 468 pounds, or am I just way off in assuming that?

Yeah it kills me when people don't believe sprint will carry the pro. Just look around the forum and there is plenty of evidence to show this. Oct 19 we're waiting.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jmstansell is a n00b

I don't know if it has been posted anywhere yet, but I am curious if the pro is gonna have internet sharing (tethering) like the Sprint Mogul?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Post Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmstansell View Post
I don't know if it has been posted anywhere yet, but I am curious if the pro is gonna have internet sharing (tethering) like the Sprint Mogul?
@ drexappeal I feel ya I want all the stuff before the phone! I'm sure I will all I need is the car charger and the tv-out cables and I'm good to go

@pslim yea I feel ya its POSTED all over the site the prices and release date. Some ppl don't know that the search is your friend lol

...yea I was wondering did the touch pro have Internet sharing too....good question can anyone confirm this?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmstansell View Post
All the Windows Mobile phones have it. It's there. The question still is what sort of service package Sprint's going to require us to have, and how long before someone figures out how to adjust the Touch Pro not to report to Sprint that we're tethering.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Xperia X1
Carrier: AT&T

chrizburnz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
All the Windows Mobile phones have it. It's there. The question still is what sort of service package Sprint's going to require us to have, and how long before someone figures out how to adjust the Touch Pro not to report to Sprint that we're tethering.
Yes all WM5+ have it including the WM6.1 Pro. You can go into the windows folder and find the file "Internet Sharing." You can view that from your computer and create a shortcut to paste in you phones start menu or in programs or where ever.

As for it being reported to sprint, all you have to do is make sure in your settings that your internet is set to your media package (media net for AT&T users, yes I know this is a Sprint forum i'm just giving an example). As long as it's set to that, they really can't do anything about it, because your are running off of the packaged plan and not a tethering plan. That's what i've done for 2.5 years and never got charged any extra.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

Justin311 is just getting started

Quote:

Do the newer HTC phones like the mogul and diamond/pro use a specific charger?

I have a "mini usb" charger for my Apache but I noticed that the mogul's port is like a mini usb with a flat edge on one side. The one you linked to on ebay is hard to see, but looks just like a mini usb. Will my old charger work?
Old 09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin311 View Post
Do the newer HTC phones like the mogul and diamond/pro use a specific charger?

I have a "mini usb" charger for my Apache but I noticed that the mogul's port is like a mini usb with a flat edge on one side. The one you linked to on ebay is hard to see, but looks just like a mini usb. Will my old charger work?
The HTC phones user standard mini-usb for charging. It's only for special tasks that they need the differently-shaped plug. But a standard mini-usb fits and is used for charging and syncing.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro