PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin311 View Post
Do the newer HTC phones like the mogul and diamond/pro use a specific charger?

I have a "mini usb" charger for my Apache but I noticed that the mogul's port is like a mini usb with a flat edge on one side. The one you linked to on ebay is hard to see, but looks just like a mini usb. Will my old charger work?
Well, I checked other websites and it seems that the HTC charger was made universal for the Touch Pro, Diamond, Mogul and older PPC.

The port is a standard miniusb. Only reason I know is, my cousin charges his Mogul with my extra PS3 cables whenever he comes over (of course, we plug it into the computer that doesn't have active sync).
Old 09-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Well, I checked other websites and it seems that the HTC charger was made universal for the Touch Pro, Diamond, Mogul and older PPC.

The port is a standard miniusb. Only reason I know is, my cousin charges his Mogul with my extra PS3 cables whenever he comes over (of course, we plug it into the computer that doesn't have active sync).
You could plug it into the one that does and just ignore the pop-up that asks you to configure it, or choose guest mode.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
You could plug it into the one that does and just ignore the pop-up that asks you to configure it, or choose guest mode.
You mean, in the PS3? If so, didn't know that and thanks for the 411.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
You mean, in the PS3? If so, didn't know that and thanks for the 411.
I was referring to your comment about plugging it into the computer that doesn't have ActiveSync. If you meant the PS3, though, then yes, that would also work. Any device that provides power through the USB port (and you know the PS3 does since it can charge the controllers) can charge the phone. Heck, I used to charge my Zune through my printer when my computer was turned off.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:33 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I was referring to your comment about plugging it into the computer that doesn't have ActiveSync. If you meant the PS3, though, then yes, that would also work. Any device that provides power through the USB port (and you know the PS3 does since it can charge the controllers) can charge the phone. Heck, I used to charge my Zune through my printer when my computer was turned off.
Oh yeah, I knew about the cpu. I didn't know about the ps3. I think, when we first tried it, it didn't work. I bet we didn't realize the ps3 was off, which is why it didn't show a connection.

Anyhow, thanks for the info.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

Just to get back on topic, as hype as I've been about the Touch Pro...I finally saw leaked pics of the T-Mobile HTC Dream phone that is going to have the Android OS on it and...I must say, it's making me waver on the Touch Pro. As much as I don't want to hassle with changing account info, if the HTC Dream has as many options available on the Dream as it came out with for the Touch Pro...I may just wait and switch over to T-Mobile. Somebody please convince me otherwise.

For those of you that haven't seen it yet, here is a leaked picture I found:

Supposedly, this is going to be thinner than the Touch Pro, but just don't know much 'bout the actual "specs" compared to the Touch Pro and what can be done on the Touch Pro.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
VIP Member

Nevermind...I found more pics and if this is the HTC Dream, it's going to be longer than the Touch Pro. Dimensions of a phone are very important to me and longer phones are just as bad as extremely thick phones. Here is another pic I found and if you look at the pic in the bottom right, it looks like the Diamond or Touch Pro sitting next to the "Dream." It's like 1 inch longer. that combined with 16-17mm of thickness...I'll pass.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO baby

younghov718 is keeping up the good workyounghov718 is keeping up the good work

htc gave tmobile the ugliest phone they can offer, that joint is straight ugly and it looks hard to type on with that extra piece holding the 4 buttons. lets see what sprint and whoever manufacturer come up with.
we can have best of both worlds loading andriod on our sexy pro.

Last edited by younghov718; 09-09-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghov718 View Post
htc gave tmobile the ugliest phone they can offer, that joint is straight ugly and it looks hard to type on with that extra piece holding the 4 buttons. lets see what sprint and whoever manufacturer come up with.
we can have best of both worlds loading andriod on our sexy pro.
You beat me to the punch. I seen the dream in black it looks better than the white but touch pro all the way for me. And drexappeal for shame on u! LoL forsaken the touch pro for a mear 2 mins! *joking* I mean just dual boot the pro n have both lol
Old 09-09-2008, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
You beat me to the punch. I seen the dream in black it looks better than the white but touch pro all the way for me. And drexappeal for shame on u! LoL forsaken the touch pro for a mear 2 mins! *joking* I mean just dual boot the pro n have both lol
Hahaha...actually, I was considering doing that. Keeping work and personal separate...but it would be too many devices for me.

Either way, I still kinda answered my own question once I saw that it is longer than the Touch Pro, which is kinda the same thing that happened with that other HTC device that I posted w/ the qwerty and numeric keyboard (forgot the name of the device).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro