PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro OFFICIALLY DELAYED

So the delay is being reported at both Cnet and Engadget Mobile. I'll take that as a confirmation, but it doesn't matter too much to me since I have to wait until Dec. for my contract with Verizon to be up and then make the painful decision whether to go back to Sprint's craptacular Customer Service and a bit less coverage. It's actually a bit better at work, where I primarily tether (and occassionally lose conection to VZW - maybe 3-5 times/week), since Sprint is running some repeaters in our building and Verizon wouldn't put any up.

To top it off, I'll have to convince someone at Sprint to put my XV6800's ESN in their database - I'm pretty sure I can, since I do radio modem activations at work and have some decent contacts along with our corporate rep. I'm going to point out specifically why I left 2 years ago and see how low they want to go on pricing and be bucking for them to make it a freebie!

I get a glimpse into the future of VZW releases and haven't heard a peep about the Pro. It seems like they are going to be pushing the Blackberry Storm pretty hard so am not holding my breath about them getting it in any form, gimped or otherwise, anytime soon.

Last edited by Silent_Patriot; 10-16-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

There really is no official posting anywhere that says anything so its all anyones guess till sunday or till there is an official post

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO
Carrier: Sprint

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
how this dude just told me it was piushed back to the 2nd smh, sprint reps piss me off man, they all say different sh*t, but work for the same company wtf
It's honestly because most of the reps don't care. In my store, at any given time you will see a couple of reps with the heads in their phones texting and others worrying about this and that but typically never something concerning their job. Two reps, including myself, use PPCGEEKS on a daily basis. Most reps know a little about most of the phones in the store and a little more about a certain type of device, i.e. Palm OS, Q Chat, etc. So that rep who claims to be an expert about the Palm could typically care less about when the new Windows Mobile device will be released. So if someone is taking the advice from a rep who does not have any personal interest in this device, then you are more than likely going to get the wrong info. Those of us who are wanting the phone seem to know about the changes. Just to validate my point I just called 7 of the 8 corporate stores in SLC and I got 3 responses for the 19th, 1 November 2nd, 1 Mid November, 1 in December, and one that said it has already been released and it's not called the Pro, its called the Diamond. I hung up on the last guy. So needless to say, no one knows and the majority don't even care. All they are concerned with is meeting their quota, not appeasing the customer.

Last edited by e.lamberson; 10-16-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
There really is no official posting anywhere that says anything so its all anyones guess till sunday or till there is an official post
There was definitely an official posting by sprint saying the 19th...

Whether this has changed or not is another story, however.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite4801 View Post
I am sure that sprint got cut a huge check from Best Buy to have the touch pro exclusive for a week. Best Buy is doing everything possible to brand them selves as the cell-phone retailer of choice.
Probably, and its for people like me. I definitely will be upgrading they very day at best buy, guranteed, (provided they do get the early release)
Old 10-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Please don't shoot me.
Awww, cmon... not even in the leg?
Don't forget to hit the

Old 10-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
Awww, cmon... not even in the leg?
Ok... JUST THIS TIME! And I get to choose the gun...

ANYWAY, I apologize for saying Officially, because technically nothing is official unless Sprint comes right out and says it DIRECTLY to the public.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Ok... JUST THIS TIME! And I get to choose the gun...

ANYWAY, I apologize for saying Officially, because technically nothing is official unless Sprint comes right out and says it DIRECTLY to the public.
Sure Ill shoot you a nastygram that says stop posting redundant information. Just Kidding!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg2k3 View Post
Sure Ill shoot you a nastygram that says stop posting redundant information. Just Kidding!
Sorry... just trying to make sure everyone knows so we can stop the bickering over the 19th!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Would be nice if they did, wouldn't it? (Just come out and tell us what's going on.)

Last edited by banzaiwolfe; 10-16-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro