PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Information and Tentative Release Dates for Touch Diamond and Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I don't believe this to be true. Like I said in another post I use to work at Sprint and still kick it with the homies over there often, because we use to hang out after work also, but they have seen the touch and the touch pro and felt and held both of them in there hands. They too have said they are going to wait for the pro because of the keyboard. If their htc rep has shown them the phones then they must be getting released soon. They would have no reason to lie since I talk on the phone with them all the time and see them every 2 days. But I guess 2 weeks isn't that long of a postponement.
Even if they have held both handsets in their hands, it's very believable that Sprint could have other things in mind (at a higher level) as far as "delayed" release dates and whatnot. Could be marketing, could be last minute changes, could be anything, really.

I work in the entertainment industry, so I know how easily a "sure thing" can get delayed (even if just for 1 or 2 days...or as long as 6 months). In this case, your friends held the prototypes that could still be "tweaked" until the phones have been ok'd by Upper management to be released.

No matter what, I wasn't expecting the Touch Pro until October anyway, so I'm not really too worried until it gets closer to that time. That way, the Diamond will hopefully have been out for a 'bit longer and I can just buy both of them...LOL.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Even if they have held both handsets in their hands, it's very believable that Sprint could have other things in mind (at a higher level) as far as "delayed" release dates and whatnot. Could be marketing, could be last minute changes, could be anything, really.

I work in the entertainment industry, so I know how easily a "sure thing" can get delayed (even if just for 1 or 2 days...or as long as 6 months). In this case, your friends held the prototypes that could still be "tweaked" until the phones have been ok'd by Upper management to be released.

No matter what, I wasn't expecting the Touch Pro until October anyway, so I'm not really too worried until it gets closer to that time. That way, the Diamond will hopefully have been out for a 'bit longer and I can just buy both of them...LOL.
True, thats what i want to do. you should read my thread on what she thought.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...518#post387518
Old 08-20-2008, 03:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

this is the same thing that happened with the mogul.. someone said a date, after that the phone got delayed more times then there re letters in the word. i look @ it this way, as badly as i want the phone ima just wait till i see an add for it. :P
Old 08-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

kk5sc is a n00b

I received a call from a Sprint rep yesterday, asking if I wanted to upgrade. I asked about the Diamond and he indicated an October release - but couldn't quote a specific date. When asked about the Diamond Pro, he wasn't aware of anything but the Diamond - no Pro.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

kk5sc is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

I received a call from a Sprint rep yesterday, asking if I wanted to upgrade. I asked about the Diamond and he indicated an October release - but couldn't quote a specific date. When asked about the Diamond Pro, he wasn't aware of anything but the Diamond - no Pro.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:22 AM
N00b

slowputer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk5sc View Post

I was on the phone with Sprint last night changing my billing info. No offer to upgrade to Diamond, but they wanted me to get the Instinct.
The whole story: Motorola Startac, Samsung SPH-200N, Motorola i1000+, Motorola i58sr, Motorola i560, Motorola i920, Audiovox PPC6700, HTC Diamond, HTC EVO 4G
Old 08-20-2008, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

The Diamond and the "TOUCH PRO" (not Diamond Pro) were both sent to Sprint's software house to have customized software developed...so the Touch Pro *is* coming as far as we can tell, but I'm not surprised that they haven't made any information available to anyone else as Sprint.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

idelgado782 is just getting started

Hey guys, I am a store manager for RadioShack and I was speaking to my sprint rep yesterday at a meeing. I asked him if he had any info on when and if we were getting the diamond and the pro. He actually had a form which stated the phones and thier release date. For the Diamond and Pro it said, " proposed release date: Oct 19" I was suprised to see the date the same for both of them. But I will definately keep you guys updated on this. We see the pricing at least a week or two ahead of time before we get the item in stock. Although it's coming up soon in other stores, RadioShack always has the best wireless pricing plus we have the ability to price match to meet or beat the competitors, so I'll wait for it to hit my store to upgrade. Plus of course I'm gonna give my store the sale vs BB or a sprint store of course!!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by idelgado782 View Post
Hey guys, I am a store manager for RadioShack and I was speaking to my sprint rep yesterday at a meeing. I asked him if he had any info on when and if we were getting the diamond and the pro. He actually had a form which stated the phones and thier release date. For the Diamond and Pro it said, " proposed release date: Oct 19" I was suprised to see the date the same for both of them. But I will definately keep you guys updated on this. We see the pricing at least a week or two ahead of time before we get the item in stock. Although it's coming up soon in other stores, RadioShack always has the best wireless pricing plus we have the ability to price match to meet or beat the competitors, so I'll wait for it to hit my store to upgrade. Plus of course I'm gonna give my store the sale vs BB or a sprint store of course!!!
Can you make commission off your own purchase?...LOL

Thanks for the info. I'll gear up for the Touch Pro being released anytime in October, so that I can be prepared to buy.

Last edited by drexappeal; 08-20-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

touch pro september 2nd??? hmmmmmm i think thats off...maybe october 2nd

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro