PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
pretend you bought it and stick the money somewhere heh....
That is what I was getting at.

I could never understand the "I can afford it now, but not around Christmas" thinking.

You could literally pull the cash and put it in a jar. Problem solved.

Either way, I'm just as excited to get this phone... I'm sure I'm partly to blame for the EVP department getting overflowed with pre-order requests
Old 10-03-2008, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

i dont know how december came into the picture...
i've heard a couple different people saying the touch pro was delayed (there are discussions going on about this on two separate threads)... to 11/2, not december. releasing in december seems rather silly. they need to get the phone out there for both november and december.
i'm still going by oct 19 until sprint officially announces something, but if i was going to believe rumors of a delay, i'd go with november 2nd and not a day later.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: Touch Pro Release date pushed back Farther

lol there's another thread going on where people are saying it's delayed until december. i guess it's time for the mind games to begin...
Old 10-03-2008, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
Yup, that Sprint news release is pretty much where they confirmed it to the viewing public/media/press.

*This was the first time I saw it on official public resources and NOT a leaked document.

Sept 10, 2008
" HTC Touch Pro will be available Oct. 19 for $299.99 with a two-year contract and after a $100 mail-in rebate."

Doesn't mean they cannot delay it...
Very true, it could be delayed. With all the press this phone is getting, it would be a huge black eye though and I don't believe they would let that happen. Especially since they are trying very hard to re-make their image.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It has not as of yet been pushed to December... Mine is not a rumor and is from someone who actually has the phone in their possesion right now. He has had it for a few months. This is not an Ecare rep or anything like that. This info came from the Lab directly.

He has never once been wrong about any software update release date. My first guess they found a bug last minute.. had to send all phones back to HTC to be updated, repackaged, and sent back out. This would cause a delay. I have not heard anything as to why yet but like I said when I find out more I will let you all know. But dont plan on Oct 19th.

James
Old 10-03-2008, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
It has not as of yet been pushed to December... Mine is not a rumor and is from someone who actually has the phone in their possesion right now. He has had it for a few months. This is not an Ecare rep or anything like that. This info came from the Lab directly.

He has never once been wrong about any software update release date. My first guess they found a bug last minute.. had to send all phones back to HTC to be updated, repackaged, and sent back out. This would cause a delay. I have not heard anything as to why yet but like I said when I find out more I will let you all know. But dont plan on Oct 19th.

James
Thanks for clarifying, James. If it's for a bug that they found, I have no problem with a delay. Although, I don't know how good that will be for Sprint if the T-Mobile G1 gets released prior to the Touch Pro.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It might not be good in a sense but then again. Wm6.1 is tried and true (for the most part). Software is already out and selling.. No need to wait for business apps to be developed. For Example do you think TomTom will work on the G1 on launch day? What about the Touch Pro?

Working in the Tech field I know several people interested in the G1 but no one plans to jump on it for a few months after release due to this fact alone.

James
Old 10-03-2008, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
It might not be good in a sense but then again. Wm6.1 is tried and true (for the most part). Software is already out and selling.. No need to wait for business apps to be developed. For Example do you think TomTom will work on the G1 on launch day? What about the Touch Pro?

Working in the Tech field I know several people interested in the G1 but no one plans to jump on it for a few months after release due to this fact alone.

James
That's a good point.

Thing is, I'm not sure how many business people would really do tweaks to the phone and if the T-Mobile G1 and Sprint Touch Pro are fighting for "business" customers, that extra 2 weeks could cost Sprint a lot of money.

With the 2 week (minimum, as far as we know at this point) delay, main thing that Sprint can hope for (business-wise) is that there are A LOT of problems with the G1's OEM functionalities and people jump ship to buy the Touch Pro because of "less" problems.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

this phones not getting pushed back, dont believe the hype.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
this phones not getting pushed back, dont believe the hype.
LOL

Everybody is an expert...

A 2-week delay for bugfixing makes good business sense. Of course, it doesnt really matter as much to this community - considering we are all just going to tear apart the ROM, keep the good and chuck the bloat anyway.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop CJ, and dont let the haters get ya down.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro