View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
drexappeal
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Information and Tentative Release Dates for Touch Diamond and Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I don't believe this to be true. Like I said in another post I use to work at Sprint and still kick it with the homies over there often, because we use to hang out after work also, but they have seen the touch and the touch pro and felt and held both of them in there hands. They too have said they are going to wait for the pro because of the keyboard. If their htc rep has shown them the phones then they must be getting released soon. They would have no reason to lie since I talk on the phone with them all the time and see them every 2 days. But I guess 2 weeks isn't that long of a postponement.
Even if they have held both handsets in their hands, it's very believable that Sprint could have other things in mind (at a higher level) as far as "delayed" release dates and whatnot. Could be marketing, could be last minute changes, could be anything, really.

I work in the entertainment industry, so I know how easily a "sure thing" can get delayed (even if just for 1 or 2 days...or as long as 6 months). In this case, your friends held the prototypes that could still be "tweaked" until the phones have been ok'd by Upper management to be released.

No matter what, I wasn't expecting the Touch Pro until October anyway, so I'm not really too worried until it gets closer to that time. That way, the Diamond will hopefully have been out for a 'bit longer and I can just buy both of them...LOL.