PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 01:16 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

gen.y dualboot doesn't work with the /sdcard/andboot folder. Do you have another copy of haret somewhere on your sd card? I'm not sure why it would throw that error specifically, but I'd guess that's the source of the problem.

First step I'd try is moving everything from the andboot folder to the root of your sd card, delete any andboot and android folders off your sdcard, and try dualboot again.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

adenicol is just getting started

I am using the andboot folder to keep everything a little neater. I would rather just boot into wm6 and then into android than move everything out of that folder into the sd root. I will just use as is for now.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:20 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Agreed. I'm doing the same. Also, I've been too lazy to remove dualboot. So I know where you're coming from.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:57 AM
N00b
Carrier: Cellular South

[SP]JESTER is a n00b

All cellular south users, the 3/21 rootfs fixes our data! FINALLY OS: V2 Eclair Glossy
Old 03-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

geny dualboot works with an Android folder.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:42 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Yes. You can use it if you set it to use the Android folder (from the registry -- specific value is in the xda-dev page for gen.y dualboot), and then add rel_path=android to your cmdline (in startup.txt).

Glad to hear about the Cellular South fix. I cannot fathom why authentication in the RIL was commented out.

Do you have to add your username and password info to the APN? Elsewhere? What's the story there?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 AM
N00b
Carrier: Cellular South

[SP]JESTER is a n00b

Nah i just copied the new rootfs saying this isnt going to work.. lol then out of no where both bars started lighting up and i went for as many apps as i could. Never had a hitch. Just Android apn with internet. Nothing new as far as i know. But i added my gmain to win mobile so maybe it started with data on and helped it fix itself. Hope this helps someone
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

ButtaKnife is a n00b

I just wanted to say that I've been using Android almost exclusively for the last couple of days thanks to the all-in-one build here. There are still bugs and power issues to deal with, but overall this is very usable. Thanks to everyone who has been working on this project!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok tried running this a few times. everything new, off the latest package. it seems to be more unstable than previous versions. i'm finding my phone freezes more and randomly reboots itself more. i played with it for a bit over the weekend and everytime i had the same result. either it would freeze and i would need to do a softreset or it would reset itself and i would find myself back in winmo.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
I will test it out too here in a little bit and post my findings. Does this include the wifi tether app?

Was playing with a moment and here is the apn for it: (in XML format sorry)
apn carrier="Sprint" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="Sprint" user="Sprint" server="*" password="*" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" auth="3"

odd when i try to put these settings in (mainly the mnc i think) i save and it exits to my list of apn's which is empty. i readded the apn, saved, and opens back to an empty apn list.

edit: ya, when i change the mnc values, it deletes my apn.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux