PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

eyepoker is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

2-8 updated installed.
Seems to run ok - haven't noticed overall performance improvement - all i updated was the system.sqsh and module file. i did run haret after touch flow started up - the nexus logo appeared and ran smoothly.

neocore will crash if the audio is on - when off it chugs quite slowly - 1.7fps...
Old 02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Nvm, found the complete build.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 02-08-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

I've got a hero 2.x rom running on my TP its kind of slow. I'll post more when i get it running better. Its still loosely based on the XDA build for now.

Edit:
Runs slow. Most likely due to all the HTC tasks running in the background. I did get it to finally boot.
Cant see the Sense UI due to the smaller Screen Size on the TP.
Radio doesn't seem to work yet.

I'll post more if I get more working.

Last edited by peterm20; 02-08-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Findings update
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
Has anyone gotten MMS to work? it's definitly not a priority but if it's an app i can install that would be great.
Also no matter what I'm doing I can't get 3d working. I've tried touchflo3d running and then the hologram. but I still just get the black screen on boot. no nexus one animation. Anyone else getting that?
The package from the first page here solved my blackscreen problem. now I'm getting the Nexus One logo again.
Thanks Makkonen!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael
Carrier: Telus

Glougloumouth is becoming a great contributor

Hi,

It is really usable now and I like it.
I can't get WiFi to work since FEB02 build (all subsequent builds, WiFi just fail immediately to start). Not a major issue for me as 3G works fine.
Also Exchange server Sync works for emails and contacts, but I could not find a way to get appointments (direct from Exchange, not going through GMail) working. That one I really miss.
Thank you for all the hard work to get Android going so smooth on the RAPH800.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

ok hopefully this will be the last question.
At the Launch a script file. the box under it says default.txt next to wich is the Run button...when I press RUN I get this error

"cannot open script file\storage Card\default.txt."

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 02-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
At the Launch a script file. the box under it says default.txt next to wich is the Run button...when I press RUN I get this error

Did you download Makkonen's build? I don't know if it'll work for the Verizon version of the RAPH800 tho....
Old 02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

You are missing your startup.txt if its missing haret will have that error message. make sure it is startup.txt and not startup-TP.txt or anything else.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:08 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

Download the package from the first page of this thread (as arrrghhh pointed out, you need to have a startup.txt, and right now you don't, which means you still don't have the files sorted out correctly) -- but I didn't realize until just now that you have a Verizon (RAPH500) phone... I hate to say it, but it's unlikely it'll work. No one has fixed the issues with the Verizon Touch Pro, and it probably won't boot at all. (Screen/Framebuffer issues, different memory map)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepoker View Post
2-8 updated installed.
Seems to run ok - haven't noticed overall performance improvement - all i updated was the system.sqsh and module file. i did run haret after touch flow started up - the nexus logo appeared and ran smoothly.

neocore will crash if the audio is on - when off it chugs quite slowly - 1.7fps...
If it's running at 1 or 2 fps, then hardware acceleration isn't working. If you're getting 15 or 20 fps, then it is.

So far, the issues with the latest package I see are:

Wifi not working. Confirmed on my end. Can anyone who's played around with it tell me whether the wifi issue comes from running the latest system.sqsh or running the latest kernel/modules? (pretty sure it's the new kernel, which is a bummer, because that's hard to debug.)

CDMA Data not working unless you manually enter an APN. I used my old build that had custom APN settings, so I haven't tested this. I thought it had been fixed in the latest xdandroid package, but I guess not.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: samsung transform
Carrier: sprint

sugarkoalo2 is a n00b

installed the 2-8 built today... runs super fast. however i dont get 3g icon or data or wifi to work...touchscreen calibration is a plus. good job guys.. if anyone can help me out on getting my 3g to work or data or wifi also would be much appreciated...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux