PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 03:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800 (Touch Pro)
Carrier: Sprint

artlan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
Trying the 1/16 build now... any recommendations on upgrading w/o losing my settings?
Always backup your data.img

That being said, I just copied over the new system.sqsh file and the rootfs, nothing else. Works great, no settings lost.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: sprint

djmadclass is a n00b

data is back but for me it just seem to show the 3g icon. i get network error.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

karafa is just getting started

Data is working for me.. just gotta wait for the 3G icon to come up.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:30 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Updated the first post. New kernel -- fixes the keyboard issues (the u key is fixed everywhere -- with other changes, the fn keys and overloaded keys are fixed, but only on the newest xdandroid build).

Also fixes the touchscreen (sort of -- it's still weird, but it's a more palatable sort of weird than before), but you need to make a change to your eclair.user.conf in order for it to be calibrated correctly.

XDANDROID 1-16 seems to work fine with data for me. Hopefully does for others as well.

Some people are saying this latest version is suffering from some weird slowdowns and lockups. I'm not sure yet; it's seemed ok to me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

xcheljd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Updated the first post. New kernel -- fixes the keyboard issues (the u key is fixed everywhere -- with other changes, the fn keys and overloaded keys are fixed, but only on the newest xdandroid build).

Also fixes the touchscreen (sort of -- it's still weird, but it's a more palatable sort of weird than before), but you need to make a change to your eclair.user.conf in order for it to be calibrated correctly.

XDANDROID 1-16 seems to work fine with data for me. Hopefully does for others as well.

Some people are saying this latest version is suffering from some weird slowdowns and lockups. I'm not sure yet; it's seemed ok to me.
I tried your new startup.txt, and things are worse than before. idk if im the only one having that problem.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What's worse? I do seem to be getting some weird I/O errors, which could be leading to the slowdowns. I'm looking into that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Lurker

xcheljd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
What's worse? I do seem to be getting some weird I/O errors, which could be leading to the slowdowns. I'm looking into that.
i can't even slide to unlock. im not exactly sure if its the startup.txt. sorry
Old 01-16-2010, 03:30 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Oh. Yeah. You need all of them. If you just replace the startup.txt, you'll have no calibration, and the touchscreen will definitely not work right.

If you replace the startup.txt and the kernel, but not the eclair.user.conf, you'll have a really weird calibration, and you'd have to slide up from the bottom to unlock rather than to the side. (which is completely unusable -- but at least you'll be able to tell what's going on.)

I probably shouldn't've removed the old calibration stuff from the startup.txt, because it'll bust old kernels.

If, however, it's just locking up at the slide to unlock screen, then I'm not sure. Give it some time to catch up, maybe.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

First off, if I missed it somewhere, sorry, haven't followed Android for the Touch Pro until recently.

From the way I am reading the instructions and the rest of this thread, everything is installed on the SD card, then ran? So if you swap out SD cards you will still be running WinMo?
Old 01-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Lurker

xcheljd is a n00b

What you described, is what was happening, only after i opened the keyboard though?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux