PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone else losing faith?

If all this licensing stuff is correct, is it even legal? I was under the impression that unlocking th phone itself isn't strictly legal (breech of contract with service provider?). Something just doesn't smell right about this.

If it is true, I would not be the least bit surprised to find out the licensing is what has delayed release. Come on, a licensed hack?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
If all this licensing stuff is correct, is it even legal? I was under the impression that unlocking th phone itself isn't strictly legal (breech of contract with service provider?). Something just doesn't smell right about this.

If it is true, I would not be the least bit surprised to find out the licensing is what has delayed release. Come on, a licensed hack?
The licensing part sure is legal. And I haven't seen or even heard of any contract that prohibits any mods with the hardware.

Edit: By Hardware, I meant Firmware

Last edited by Recursion; 10-24-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Angry Re: Anyone else losing faith?

(Begin rant)

I can't believe how many people are complaining about waiting for this unlocker. I've decided not to even get this phone until the unlocker is done and all you guinea pigs report back on if it works or not. I've been using my mogul waiting like the next person, I haven't even sampled the 800x480 glory yet. With all this complaining it would be really funny if they released the unlocker just to stop the nagging and it bricks most of your phones for some reason. The unlockers are doing this under the radar of the carriers, do you really think you're be getting replacement phones under Assurion if they can tell that it died during a failed flash session of a ROM that isn't available yet?

I've been checking this site about 15 times a day waiting and hoping like the next guy, but if delaying saves your phone from being accidentally bricked, why would you rush this process? I have no idea how hard making the unlocker is but again this is a hybrid CDMA and GSM phone, how many of these already exist and have unlockers? How long do Apple people have to wait for the jailbreak software to come out, not only that but I believe way more people are working on doing that, vs the couple of people working on the hardspl...

I'll tell you whats really annoying, instead of just coming on this board and see one post to find out if the unlocker is available or just to get an update, i have to look through muliple 25 page threads of why we are getting screwed.

(End of rant)

Last edited by testacon; 10-24-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-24-2009, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
(Begin rant)

I can't believe how many people are complaining about waiting for this unlocker. I've decided not to even get this phone until the unlocker is done and all you guinea pigs report back on if it works or not. I've been using my mogul waiting like the next person, I haven't even sampled the 800x480 glory yet. With all this complaining it would be really funny if they released the unlocker just to stop the nagging and it bricks most of your phones for some reason. The unlockers are doing this under the radar of the carriers, do you really think you're be getting replacement phones under Assurion if they can tell that it died during a failed flash session of a ROM that isn't available yet?

I've been checking this site about 15 times a day waiting and hoping like the next guy, but if delaying saves your phone from being accidentally bricked, why would you rush this process? I have no idea how hard making the unlocker is but again this is a hybrid CDMA and GSM phone, how many of these already exist and have unlockers? How long do Apple people have to wait for the jailbreak software to come out, not only that but I believe way more people are working on doing that, vs the couple of people working on the hardspl...

I'll tell you whats really annoying, instead of just coming on this board and see one post to find out if the unlocker is available or just to get an update, i have to look through muliple 25 page threads of why we are getting screwed.

(End of rant)

i think most people are aggravated at the missed deadlines not set by us, but by the elite team.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
(Begin rant)
I can't believe how many people are complaining...
(End of rant)
Well In that case just do yourself a favor and bookmark this page.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79102
Now you don't have to look at all the other threads till the unlocker is released.

Let everyone do there b!tching, once the unlocker comes out all this crap will have to stop as it will only disrupt the TP2 subforum... Better yet, just make a subforum itself for the b!tching to be done... the mods can call the "TP2 b!tch and whine forum".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
i think most people are aggravated at the missed deadlines not set by us, but by the elite team.
Yeah plus that...

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto WWII

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Treo 650 -> Mogul -> Touch -> Diamond -> Treo Pro -> Touch Pro

Last edited by Vip3rV333; 10-24-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

For the record, folks:

THE ELITE TEAMS OWES YOU NOTHING! NADA, ZILCH, ZIP---NOT A MOTHAFUQIN THING.

Stop acting so damn ungrateful and get some fuqin class and patience like the rest of us. It'll be here when its here. Now, sit yo a$s back and RELAX!
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
For the record, folks:

THE ELITE TEAMS OWES YOU NOTHING! NADA, ZILCH, ZIP---NOT A MOTHAFUQIN THING.

Stop acting so damn ungrateful and get some fuqin class and patience like the rest of us. It'll be here when its here. Now, sit yo a$s back and RELAX!
Yeah actually I think they do (to the ppl that donated) as this was supposed to be a donation thing only and they turned it into a licensing issue. Otherwise if we are all just mistakened what they ment by this licensing thing, then yes you are right...
Old 10-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The very definition of 'donation' voids your argument. One donates out of one's own free will. There was never a promise nor a guarantee that an HSPL would be successfully released to the public solely because a few people donated.

Where the hell did you guys get the notion that somebody owes you something? LMAO. Get a grip, guys. Its just a damn phone. Be easy!

Last edited by sumo911; 10-24-2009 at 10:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

We ALL want an HSPL, but is it really worth making an *** of yourself in a public forum and potentially detouring the elite team from future projects with such ungratefulness and lack of understanding? I dont think so.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

If they said they were taking donations for this project and they back out and quit, then yes they don't owe us anything since it was a donation for the efforts. If they take donations THEN add licensing into the mix, its not the same situation. They should have said from the beginning that that's what they were going to do. At least for the ppl that donated, they shouldn't be charged!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2