PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone else losing faith?

Where are u getting this licensing thing from? Link please.

Youve been a member here since 2007. Have you ever paid for HSPL? Let their work and record of generosity soeak for itself, and lets NOT be so hasty to react and jump to conclusions.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

Read a few pages back.. its all there, that's why I started posting, b/c I got aggravated that they would do that. I'm just hoping this is all a case of miss-comunication. And if there wasn't maybe a lack of communication then non of this would be happening. Its a crazed world in the TP2 forums.

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto WWII

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Treo 650 -> Mogul -> Touch -> Diamond -> Treo Pro -> Touch Pro
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1jatt View Post
Then it is about the Money. if it was freeware / donationware , you wont need license, other than including a copy of GNU or similar license in the package.
I hope people who donated / invested, will get their part from the profit.

wow, if this is the case, and I hope it is not, I think i will seriously have to begin exploring possibilities of Android. I would think right now, that WM needs all the freeware/ mod/customization stuff it can in order to be competitive . I know they were talking about politics being an issue with release of this , now I am really wondering......
Old 10-24-2009, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
(Begin rant)

I can't believe how many people are complaining about waiting for this unlocker. I've decided not to even get this phone until the unlocker is done and all you guinea pigs report back on if it works or not. I've been using my mogul waiting like the next person, I haven't even sampled the 800x480 glory yet. With all this complaining it would be really funny if they released the unlocker just to stop the nagging and it bricks most of your phones for some reason. The unlockers are doing this under the radar of the carriers, do you really think you're be getting replacement phones under Assurion if they can tell that it died during a failed flash session of a ROM that isn't available yet?

I've been checking this site about 15 times a day waiting and hoping like the next guy, but if delaying saves your phone from being accidentally bricked, why would you rush this process? I have no idea how hard making the unlocker is but again this is a hybrid CDMA and GSM phone, how many of these already exist and have unlockers? How long do Apple people have to wait for the jailbreak software to come out, not only that but I believe way more people are working on doing that, vs the couple of people working on the hardspl...

I'll tell you whats really annoying, instead of just coming on this board and see one post to find out if the unlocker is available or just to get an update, i have to look through muliple 25 page threads of why we are getting screwed.

(End of rant)
And now the next person has to read your post that is a repeat of 100 other posts to find the information they need. So please explain why your post is any better then the people complaining? You are now one of the annying posters who got in the way of someone else.....

I also cannot understand why people keep repeating they don't want them to release it if it is not ready.......Everybody who keeps writing worthless posts like this, please pay close attention and maybe it will sink in.

THE HSPL IS COMPLETED ALREADY. IT IS NOT BEING TESTED ANYMORE. IT WORKS, THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED BY THE TEAM, THEY ARE WORKING ON THE LICENSE SERVER...........and again if you missed that:

THE HSPL IS COMPLETED ALREADY. IT IS NOT BEING TESTED ANYMORE. IT WORKS, THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED BY THE TEAM, THEY ARE WORKING ON THE LICENSE SERVER

Can we sticky just that saying so we can point all the people who have no clue what they are talking about to it so they stop bogging up the forums with their worthless posts acting like they have a clue......

Last edited by eman; 10-24-2009 at 10:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

Finally, someone said it. Good job!

Last edited by Vip3rV333; 10-24-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post

THE HSPL IS COMPLETED ALREADY. IT IS NOT BEING TESTED ANYMORE. IT WORKS, THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED BY THE TEAM, THEY ARE WORKING ON THE LICENSE SERVER.
last update in the official thread was an edit of the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
No, it is not here yet.

Final testing is underway. Should be released this weekend.

It is NOT going to be release Friday night.
Where can we find the eliteteam talking about the license server and it's purpose? Thanks in advance
Old 10-24-2009, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by citats View Post
last update in the official thread was an edit of the first post.

Where can we find the eliteteam talking about the license server and it's purpose? Thanks in advance
It is in this very thread that everyone keeps posting in but obviously they do not know how to read!!!!
About the server:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=217

And Tobey's post saying it is working:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=207
Old 10-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Beat me to it, there you go folks...
Old 10-24-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
It is in this very thread that everyone keeps posting in but obviously they do not know how to read!!!!
About the server:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=217

And Tobey's post saying it is working:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=207
OK thanks that post is from someone that doesn't know the details of the license server... I do believe I answer my own question... based upon what I read on the GSM TP2 unlocker.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=550131
This is a non issue they are only after bulk unlockers to pay a license fee as they obviously are trying to get paid for what can be had for free. A deterant for those that like to get paid for other's work.
The license is permanent and can be used to unlock your device again after relock.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Please, no one should flame me. This is an honest question. What does the license server do? How is it relevant to the release of the HSPL? There are more curious questions than probing, Thanks.

"Computer Maintenance Technician, Houston, TX"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2