PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2/imagio questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I absolutely LOVE my VZ TP2 & have customized it as much as possible without a custom ROM. That being said, I have a week left on my 30 days & I'm actually considering swapping it for an imagio.

I am not the typical TP2 user as I never ever use the hardware KB (I never used it with my old TP's either). I buy these phones for all the other features & would just as soon not even have the hardware KB. I do a considerable amount of texting, but I use Vito SMS-Chat with my own custom version of TouchPal 3.5 & find I can type insanely fast using that setup & T+ technology(Vito's much improved version of T-9).

My question really are, seeing as I don't need/want the hardware KB, is there any reason I should NOT go with the imagio instead of the TP2???

When I had my TP's, going with a Diamond was not really an option because the Diamond had far less features than the TP & I used ALL of those features (I use video out everyday for example).

In the case of the TP2/imagio however, it seems the imagio has all the features of the TP2 + I would gain back WM6.5. Am I missing anything here or does this make sense??

Please don't respond "I could never live without my KB", that's fine & dandy but doesn't apply to me & I don't care about your phone.

~John
You want to change cause of 6.5 that is there catch to get people to get these phones.If it did not have 6.5 would you get it? if the answer is no then leave it alone 6.5 will be here sonner or later.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
You want to change cause of 6.5 that is there catch to get people to get these phones.If it did not have 6.5 would you get it? if the answer is no then leave it alone 6.5 will be here sonner or later.
good point
but I am intrigued about the new drivers 6.5 offers though
not video but other drivers
and since we could use a dump of the rom ... XD
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio (prev. Titan 6800)

ftropea is a n00b

I agree that 6.5 should not be a reason to prefer the Imagio over the Pro2. It's only a matter of time for when that "feature" will be available on both phones.

I just ordered the Imagio yesterday. I've been sitting on the fence for the Pro2 (verizon), and with the recent stock issue, I was forced to wait long enough for the Imagio's release.

For me, the slimmer form factor and better camera are more important to me than the keyboard. I currently have a Titan and have enjoyed the option of the slide out keyboard. However, I am not dependent on it and would actually prefer a sleaker, somewhat lighter, version of the Pro2 which I believe the Imagio is.

My only concern about getting the Imagio is the user support from sites such as this and XDA. I hope it doesn't become a fringe or niche device. A lot of tech heads have already jumped on the Pro2 wagon, so in terms of customizable roms, hacks and tricks - I hope a community eventually forms around the device to support all that.

Personally, having been able to apply my new every 2, and get the online rebate, $149 for such a phone is a pretty good deal. It should arrive today (with free overnight) and if there is a forum to post to (is there an Imagio forum here yet??) I'll try to post up a review.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxs783kms View Post
Okay, and exactly why should we care about yours?
same thing i was wondering lol
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 10-07-2009, 10:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio (prev. Titan 6800)

ftropea is a n00b

The higher resolution camera is important to me because I use Evernote.com.

I consolidate all my hand written notes, PDF's, text, photos, etc. to Evernote. Once uploaded, Evernote automatically processes and indexes them. If I take a photo of a white board with hand written notes on it, or a page of printed text, Evernote makes it searchable for me.

So the higher res camera would (hopefully) produce more detail which is important for the OCR technology happening on the server side of Evernote. It would me ideal for me not to have to carry a camera in addition to the phone for this purpose.

I admit it's a niche application.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

if it is possible to live without the keyboard then i would say imagio all the way. you will lose the straight talk which is a feature i use almost everyday but i could live without the beautiful speakerphone if my phone would only be half the size. but do realize its going to be awhile before you reach enough donations to get an unlocker because thats the only cdma diamond 2 version so you will be running stock rom forever.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

John, I have an Imagio being delivered today. The only thing that concerns me about it, is it's lack of dual mics and speakers. In my profession, I've used the speakerphone extensively. I primarily ordered it to get as many files as I can off of it so I could port them over to the TP2. Stylistically, I think the TP2 has a slight advantage. As far as keyboard vs. no keyboard, I would personally miss that BUT less moving parts = less problems.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

wow wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning man calm down its really not that serious.

anyways my imagio will be here this afternoon and i will do a comparison for u
Old 10-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Again why is this thread in the touch pro 2 forum
Old 10-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Again why is this thread in the touch pro 2 forum
my guess would be that there are alot of tp2 users in the tp2 forum, and he must want their opinions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2