View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
ftropea
N00b

ftropea is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2/imagio questions

I agree that 6.5 should not be a reason to prefer the Imagio over the Pro2. It's only a matter of time for when that "feature" will be available on both phones.

I just ordered the Imagio yesterday. I've been sitting on the fence for the Pro2 (verizon), and with the recent stock issue, I was forced to wait long enough for the Imagio's release.

For me, the slimmer form factor and better camera are more important to me than the keyboard. I currently have a Titan and have enjoyed the option of the slide out keyboard. However, I am not dependent on it and would actually prefer a sleaker, somewhat lighter, version of the Pro2 which I believe the Imagio is.

My only concern about getting the Imagio is the user support from sites such as this and XDA. I hope it doesn't become a fringe or niche device. A lot of tech heads have already jumped on the Pro2 wagon, so in terms of customizable roms, hacks and tricks - I hope a community eventually forms around the device to support all that.

Personally, having been able to apply my new every 2, and get the online rebate, $149 for such a phone is a pretty good deal. It should arrive today (with free overnight) and if there is a forum to post to (is there an Imagio forum here yet??) I'll try to post up a review.