PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2/imagio questions

I absolutely LOVE my VZ TP2 & have customized it as much as possible without a custom ROM. That being said, I have a week left on my 30 days & I'm actually considering swapping it for an imagio.

I am not the typical TP2 user as I never ever use the hardware KB (I never used it with my old TP's either). I buy these phones for all the other features & would just as soon not even have the hardware KB. I do a considerable amount of texting, but I use Vito SMS-Chat with my own custom version of TouchPal 3.5 & find I can type insanely fast using that setup & T+ technology(Vito's much improved version of T-9).

My question really are, seeing as I don't need/want the hardware KB, is there any reason I should NOT go with the imagio instead of the TP2???

When I had my TP's, going with a Diamond was not really an option because the Diamond had far less features than the TP & I used ALL of those features (I use video out everyday for example).

In the case of the TP2/imagio however, it seems the imagio has all the features of the TP2 + I would gain back WM6.5. Am I missing anything here or does this make sense??

Please don't respond "I could never live without my KB", that's fine & dandy but doesn't apply to me & I don't care about your phone.

~John
Old 10-07-2009, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: TP2/imagio questions

screen size(important to me) is all I can think of. I actually like the feel of the TP2, it feels like Im holding a real phone.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

kxs783kms is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Please don't respond "I could never live without my KB", that's fine & dandy but doesn't apply to me & I don't care about your phone.

~John
Okay, and exactly why should we care about yours?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I say go with imagio if you don't use hw keyboard at all...
Old 10-07-2009, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
screen size(important to me) is all I can think of. I actually like the feel of the TP2, it feels like Im holding a real phone.
the screen size is the same as the TP2, isn't it??

I don't mind the feel of it either size wise, but I also like to have fewer moving parts that can cause problems at some point down the road.

~John
Old 10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

silverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
they both are listed with the same size screens:
Quote:
3.6" Touch–sensitive Display: 480x800 pixel; 65K color support TFT–LCD
if you dont intend on using the keyboard then its pretty obvious to go with the Imagio. The only other benefit i could see is the tilting screen for when you are watching different content. I know the Imagio has a "kickstand" but who knows how stable that is
Old 10-07-2009, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxs783kms View Post
Okay, and exactly why should we care about yours?

you just couldn't resist a useless post anyway, right??

I swear, some people have no life at all...........

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkorn View Post
The only other benefit i could see is the tilting screen
yea, that is kind of a cool feature, but I find I am always trying to tilt it a "little farther". It just doesn't seem to come forward quite enough to be at the angle I would like to watch it at.

~John
Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Yeah, if you don't want the physical keyboard, then I'd say go with the Imagio. Besides the keyboard, everything else is pretty much the same, plus some extra stuff like the 5 megapixel camera and MediaFlow (not to mention WM 6.5 already on board). I've seen videos of the Imagio and the kickstand, and it seems to work quite well.

I love my Touch Pro 2, and I wouldn't give it up for the Imagio (even though I would like the slimmer form factor), but for you, I'd say the Imagio would definitely be the better choice.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

ah, thought I read the screen was smaller. Never mind me then

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2